there! I'm trying to do a translation for a client's

Hi there!

I'm trying to do a translation for a client's website. There is language file coming with the plugin, but there are quite a few things missing.
Looks like I cant access certain strings, for example:

Service name:
Date and time:
Lasts (approx):

The calendar displays english day names only (Mo, Tu, We etc.)

I work with the german version of WordPress, the day and time formats a set correctly.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Regards,

Kirsten

• Kirsten
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick,

thank you for answering so quickly.
    I followed the link to the translation area, but I didn't find my language (which is german).
    I did a search for the strings in the po-file, but I can't find them. Hm.
    And how about the day names in the calendar? How can I customize that?

Just you now: I didn't mean to post twice, I just tried to start a support ticket directly from my WP backend. But I only got an ever spinning wheel. So I went to your site and posted my question there.

Regards,

Kirsten

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Kirsten

I didn't mean to post twice, I just tried to start a support ticket directly from my WP backend. But I only got an ever spinning wheel. So I went to your site and posted my question there.

That explains it then. Your 1st question must have gotten through somehow anyway:slight_smile:

On the Appointments+ translation page, you'll see German way at the bottom (1st screenshot).

I just searched for the day strings (Moon, tues, etc) using the Filter option, and they are indeed there (2nd screenshot).

Here's an easy manual on using the new interface:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/translations/

Once your translation is done, you can export it by clicking the Export button at the bottom.

The great things about this tool is that not only do get to easily translate any of our products for your own use, they remain there in the repository for others to benefit from. And you get of any points other members gift for that translation. Makes it quicker to get to your 1000 points and a free Lifetime Membership. :slight_smile:

• Kirsten
    • New Recruit

Meanwhile a managed to translate all the strings by using PoEdit.
    The plugin "Codestyling Localization" couldn't get hold of the strings.
    This might me a valuable information for other users.

So the german translation in the languages section in the WPMU site is a little bit too late for me. The last time I looked was the day before yesterday and the list stopped an french.

Anyway, I got the translation running.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Kirsten

Yep, PoEdit will definitely get you where you need to be with translations. I suggested our new translation area so your translation could be included in the community repository we are building there.

If you do not see your language in the list for any plugin, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page, select the locale from the dropdown and click "Create".

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.