there, in the weekly digest email it shows author

hi there,
1. in the weekly digest email it shows author of the post, ie.: by adam on 20 June, 2014

how could i remove 'by adam' and leave the date only?

2. i've set up a page /email-subscription and set it as a Subscribers Management Page. it says 'Users will receive a link to this page via email.' but i don't seem to get any email with this page. when i subscribe by email, i get an email and click to confirm that, but that's it.
when i go to /email-subscription it says: This page will show details of your email subscriptions. To see the options available to you, click the link in any newsletter email you have received from us

• Patrick

Hi there @adam007

I hope you are well today!

Currently, it is not possible to edit the email template of Subscribe by Email without actually editing the plugin code.

The developer is working on including features similar to our e-Newsletter plugin which enables you to create fully customized templates. However, we have no ETA as yet for when that may be released.

The confirmation email is only triggered by the double-optin feature, and only serves to confirm the subscription.

The link to the Subscriptions page is included in every email sent to subscribers with post content. So, if you have not yet received such an email, you won't see the link.

To test things out, subscribe as a new user. Then set it to send immediately when a post is published, and publish a post. You should receive an email with the proper link to your subscriptions page.

Please let us know how it goes, and if you need more help with this.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @adam007, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

First off, have you tried disabling the other plugins on your site, and switching to the Twenty Fourteen theme, just to be sure that it's not a conflict from either another plugin, or the theme itself?

Also, could you try replacing the following line in your wp-config.php:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

With this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

And then pasting the contents of the log file generated (usually found in wp-content/debug.log)?

Please advise,