there, I've just installed Pop Up Pro but I can't see how

Hi there,

I've just installed Pop Up Pro but I can't see how to make it an email opt-in. I'm assuming this is possible? Should I be adding some shortcode to the Main pop up content area?

Thanks,

Louise

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Louise

I hope you had a great weekend!

The Popup Pro plugin has no built-in email form. So, yes, that must be added to a popup using a shortcode from whatever other plugin you may be using for your email campaigns.

The advantage of that is that you can use any form shortcode from any plugin. There may be the occasional one that doesn't work as expected, but you'll see it show up in the list of Supported Shortcodes on the Popup > Settings screen once you've installed your email form plugin.

I should mention the ones I've tested work best with the Page Footer selected as the Popup Loading Method.

Then again, if you're using a service like MailChimp, you can use the embed code they provide, and drop that into your popup as seen in this unstyled example on my test site:
    http://popup.patrickcohen.net/mailchimp/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Louise
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for that, i've managed to integrate my pop up with Mailchimp now :slight_smile:

One more question - i've added a background image but it is just displaying down the right hand side, is there a way I can get the image to go behind my mailchimp opt-in form?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Louise,

Would you mind allowing support access so we can see if this can be resolved within the Popup settings or we would need to add a bit of CSS code?

If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it.

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.