there, Real Quick, first off . . . I can't login to my

Hi there,

Real Quick, first off . . . I can't login to my WPMUdev account on the forum. I was trying to respond to a ticket that I filed an hour ago, but I can't get in, and I tried on two different browsers. I use my credentials to log in but nothing happens. So I don't know why that is happening.

But on to my issue . . . I am trying to follow up on a reply from Vaughn.

I have activated MultiSite Theme Manager. But it doesn't have a "theme tab" on the sub-sites. Only the "super admin" users.

Is there a way, to show all available themes, including Premium upgrades, to ALL USERS, or does it only appear for the PRO SITES UPGRADES only.

On the free trial subsites, I don't see any theme tab.

I am extremely confused between SITE PRO PREMIUM THEMES, MULTISITE THEME MANAGER, and BLOG TEMPLATES. They all seem to do the same thing, but are a little different in some way, which makes what should be a simple process, way too complex.

I just want to be able to offer "themes" on a side tab, for ALL users to see (free trial and PRO upgrade). And some of these themes, will require a premium, PRO upgrade in order to use them.

But right now, I can only see the themes tab on SUPER ADMIN login.

Also, can someone explain, once a theme is uploaded, what the Network Enable does to it?? Reason I ask, is that when using "Premium Themes Upgrade" on PRO SITES plugins . . . it only shows the themes that are NOT Network enabled. Which makes no sense whatsoever.

Again, just confusing as hell. Maybe it's the documentation that needs to be clarified better. It just seems to be a repetitive issue with most of your plugins. Usually just enough info to make it confusing, but not enough to explain the details.

Any help would be appreciated. I am about to ditch this MultiSite idea for the project, all together. But want to give it one more shot.

Thanks,

Sam

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Sam, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

On the issue with logging into the forums, could you try resetting your password, and then attempt to log in again, to see if you're able to get in properly?

On the response you were going to give to Vaughan, I believe you're referring to this thread?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/there-i-am-trying-to-understand-how-to-offer-my#post-744061

If the password reset worked, could you reply over there please, so we're not splitting our efforts to assist you here? :slight_smile:

I will comment quickly on this one though:

Also, can someone explain, once a theme is uploaded, what the Network Enable does to it?? Reason I ask, is that when using "Premium Themes Upgrade" on PRO SITES plugins . . . it only shows the themes that are NOT Network enabled. Which makes no sense whatsoever.

When you network enable a theme, that means that it's available to the entire network of sites (whether or not a site has a Pro Sites level).

The "Premium Themes" module is designed to allow you, the Multisite owner, to offer themes of your choosing to be activated and used by those with a certain Pro Sites level.

The former option allows the theme to be available to everyone, whereas the latter option allows the theme to be available to a certain class of sites only, and thus, the Premium Themes module can't restrict the freedom of a network activated theme.

Make sense? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.