there, Since version 1.0.4.3 I'm trying to get this plugin

Hi there,

Since version 1.0.4.3 I'm trying to get this plugin working on one of my websites but until now (just installed version 1.0.4.6) without any success. The main problem is that the dropdown doesn't show up in the members area.

A fix for this issue would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Henny

screenshot

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Henny,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

To get drop down you have to enter 1 or more character of user name in the textbox.

It's working fine on my site after entering 1 or more characters.

Could you please test it adding 1 or more characters in the text field?

If it doesn't work for you after adding the characters then would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Henny,

Thank you for granting me support staff access.

I logged in to your site using support staff access and found there are some JavaScript errors are displaying as shown in the attached screenshot in the browser console when i visit admin area of your site.

It seems these JavaScript error messages are preventing AJAX request that is populating the dropdown with users.

I can see the errors are mostly generated by the tabbed login plugin that you are using and causing this issue.

To confirm it could you please try temporary deactivating the tabbed login plugin that you are using?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Henny,

It has made some progress as AJAX request is getting sent now but not returning any data due to some reason.

This can also be due to some other plugin/theme conflict.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the flowchart on the following page to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Henny

Hi there,

I didn't find the plugin or plugins causing the conflict. At that moment I decided not to look any further because I had plans to restyle the site.

Now I'm working on an other site and discovering the same problems again :slight_frown: Because version 1.0.4.6 worked fine on my development site I decided to install that version on the site I'm working on at the moment and was very confident I would not discover the same problem. I installed some non-wpmudev plugins that are crucial for me to work with (the plugins don't cause any problem on my development site...) and finally wanted to set up protected content. Again I can't add members to the memberships. I upgraded Protected Content to version 1.0.4.8 but still no success.

I compared both installations. My development site has Wordpress version 4.0.1 and the site I'm working on at the moment 4.1. I decided to downgrade the Wordpress version of the site I'm working on to the version my development site works pretty well on. I deactivated all plugins and even switched to default theme but still no success.

I thought maybe downgrading Protected Content to version 1.0.4.6 would help but since the plugin remembers all settings even if you delete the plugin entirely and upload a different version I wanted to drop all mysql-tables of Protected Content via phpmyadmin. In phpmyadmin I can't find any tables related to Protected Content...

I'm really upset. I decided to become a member of the WPMudev-community because I'm not a coder and didn't expect to discover so many problems and to be forced to dive into code I don't understand.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Henny

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Henny,

Hope you're well today, happy new year! :slight_smile:

Don't worry we'll get this all fixed up for you, Protected content doesn't use database tables, rather it uses wp_options and wp_postmeta (where wp is your database prefix).

Can you send me through the following to take a closer look at this for you?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include cPanel logins (for database access).
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.