New Multisite Confirmation Email

Hi there,

The confirmation-email which new users receive when signing up on our multisite platform is missing the following info:

1. The site name which is generated from SITE-NAME in the system
2. The Team Name on the last line of the email

And the message title still includes the word "Wordpress" even with the ultimate branding plugin enabled.

In multisite settings, the network name is inserted and the "welcome email" field includes the "SITE-NAME" field.

I did have "custom email from headers" enabled in the ultimate branding plugin, and which I then disabled, and then resaved the network-settings and which has not solved the problem.

The sites created do include the site-name in the header-area.

How can I rectify this situation?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Grant, I hope you're well today!

I had a similar issue on my installation a few months ago and managed to resolve it using a 3rd party service for my emails...
    Can you try this solution and let me know if it works for you?
    Register for a free account on http://mandrill.com/ and hen install this plugin on your site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpmandrill/

This will allow your server to use th mailchimp servers for your transactional emails, and hopefully resolve this issue using the options the plugin provides.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Grant
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @Ari,

I have made a quick fix to the ms-functions.php file for now. It changes the email-header but somehow does not change the email-message for "The Team @" and which hopefully will update if the core-file has changed. Should not all changes take effect immediately?

Based on an audit I did, I realize that this change occurred as soon as I started using the WP-Mail SMTP plugin. If I change to Mandrill, can you network activate the plugin without each site having to add any new settings? ie will each site on the multi-site platform work through Mandrill automatically without each site-owner needing to add / change any mail settings in their admin-area?

• Grant
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @Ari,

I have tried Mandrill as well as the Easy SMTP Mail plugin and which both produce the same negative result as well..

I deactivated all mail plugins, and then deactivated ultimate-branding, and then reactivated Mandrill and then reactivated ultimate-branding and which still does not solved the problem.

How can we solve this issue?

PS: I am still waiting for a reply from you for the custom dashboard widget as well..

• aristath
    • Recruit

Try this:

Create a new file in your wp-content/mu-plugins folder.
    If that folder does not exist, manually create it.

Create a file in that folder called wpmc.php

In that file, paste the following:

<?php

/*
     * Change the email address
     */
    if ( ! function_exists( 'wpmc_mail_from' ) ) :
    function wpmc_mail_from( $email_address ) {
    	$mail_from = 'info@example.com';
    	return $mail_from;
    }
    endif;

/*
     * Change the email from field
     */
    if ( ! function_exists( 'wpmc_mail_from_name' ) ) :
    function wpmc_mail_from_name( $email_from ) {
    	$mail_from_name = 'Your Name Here';
    	return $mail_from_name;
    }
    endif;

if ( ! function_exists( 'wpmc_apply_filters' ) ) :
    function wpmc_apply_filters() {
    	$mail_from      = wpmc_mail_from();
    	$mail_from_name = wpmc_mail_from_name();
    	$mail_is_valid = filter_var( $mail_from, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL );

if ( $mail_is_valid ) :
    		add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'wpmc_mail_from' );

if ( $mail_from_name != '' ) :
    			add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', 'wpmc_mail_from_name' );
    		endif;
    	endif;
    }
    endif;
    add_action( 'init', 'wpmc_apply_filters' );

You can then change the "info@example.com" and "Your Name Here" with your own.

Let ma know if that works for you!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.