"There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site"

Hi,

I have followed all the instructions to do the user sync between the following websites:

Auto***yx.com (subsite)
Auto***yx.com/platform (master site)

I get the following error on auto***yx.com when i try to sync "There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site".

I have granted you access to both sites so that you can take a look to see where the error is occurring.

Thanks

Joe

Sajid

Hello Joe Charlesworth,
    Hope you are doing good today

I could replicate this issue on your sites and get the same error message.

However, if we make the Auto***yx.com master site and Auto***yx.com/platform subsite, then it worked fine and both sites get connected successfully.

Mostly the site on TLD is a master instead of the one that is on a sub folder or on a sub domain.

But, I can understand that you need the one on sub folder to be master.

Also, one thing I noticed that, even though I am getting the error message but I still see the other site in Registered Subsites: table.

That means, the site is being connected. So, did you actually tried synching the users data and see if that worked or not ?

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Joe Charlesworth

Hi Sajid,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I amended the master site to Auto***yx.com and no longer get the error. I just did a test by adding a new user to Auto***yx.com to see if the same user was automatically added to Auto***yx.com/platform, and this is not working. How come? I'm assuming i don't need to click on the "Sync all sites now" button each time and that this sync process is automated?

Is there anything i need to configure in the settings such that the the login/logout of both respective sites is automated - ie if a user first logs into Auto***yx.com, they won't be shown the login page of Auto***yx.com/platform if they click on any of the pages of that site that are behind the login page.

Best

Joe

Sajid

Hello Joe Charlesworth,
    Hope you are doing good today

Yes, you are right. Once a subsite is connected to master site, then all new users will automatically created from Master Site to Subsite.

To make sure its not a bug, I tested it on my own site but could not replicate this issue there. It created the new user on subsite automatically when I created one on Master site.

So there must be a plugin or theme conflict on your sites.

But, I noticed that you are using an older version of WordPress on your subsite that is https://www.aut******.com/platform/. So please first update that site to latest version and then check again.

If the issue is still there, then please run a plugin and theme conflict test on your sites as described in our getting support manual (flowchart).

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid