"There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site"

Hi,

I have followed all the instructions to do the user sync between the following websites:

Auto***yx.com (subsite)
Auto***yx.com/platform (master site)

I get the following error on auto***yx.com when i try to sync "There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site".

I have granted you access to both sites so that you can take a look to see where the error is occurring.

Thanks

Joe

• Sajid

Hello Joe Charlesworth,
    Hope you are doing good today

I could replicate this issue on your sites and get the same error message.

However, if we make the Auto***yx.com master site and Auto***yx.com/platform subsite, then it worked fine and both sites get connected successfully.

Mostly the site on TLD is a master instead of the one that is on a sub folder or on a sub domain.

But, I can understand that you need the one on sub folder to be master.

Also, one thing I noticed that, even though I am getting the error message but I still see the other site in Registered Subsites: table.

That means, the site is being connected. So, did you actually tried synching the users data and see if that worked or not ?

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Joe Charlesworth

Hi Sajid,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I amended the master site to Auto***yx.com and no longer get the error. I just did a test by adding a new user to Auto***yx.com to see if the same user was automatically added to Auto***yx.com/platform, and this is not working. How come? I'm assuming i don't need to click on the "Sync all sites now" button each time and that this sync process is automated?

Is there anything i need to configure in the settings such that the the login/logout of both respective sites is automated - ie if a user first logs into Auto***yx.com, they won't be shown the login page of Auto***yx.com/platform if they click on any of the pages of that site that are behind the login page.

Best

Joe

• Sajid

Hello Joe Charlesworth,
    Hope you are doing good today

Yes, you are right. Once a subsite is connected to master site, then all new users will automatically created from Master Site to Subsite.

To make sure its not a bug, I tested it on my own site but could not replicate this issue there. It created the new user on subsite automatically when I created one on Master site.

So there must be a plugin or theme conflict on your sites.

But, I noticed that you are using an older version of WordPress on your subsite that is https://www.aut******.com/platform/. So please first update that site to latest version and then check again.

If the issue is still there, then please run a plugin and theme conflict test on your sites as described in our getting support manual (flowchart).

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid