There was a problem finalizing your purchase with PayPal. Please try again.

The plugin and purchases were working fine at http://www.energyquarter.com/passive-house-tutorials/

But now no purchase can be completed and the potential buyer returns from PayPal to discover, instead of the promised material, the message:

"There was a problem finalizing your purchase with PayPal. Please try again."

Trying again does not produce a different result.

Is there a bug? What can we do? We've double checked the API details, everything appears to be in order, except that the final step does not succeed.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Energyquarter,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just setup this up with PayPal in sandbox mode and it worked fine for me.

Can you try out a sandbox account and see if there is any different result? Has more than one person got that error?

If you don't mind, I could use my sandbox credentials and test it out too. If you want me to try that, then you can grant support access via admin dashboard:

WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back on this :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Energyquarter
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Dear Tyler

Thank you for that. We have not tried Sandbox and we get the exact same result and the same error statement as in the live environment.

We have also tried to Grant you access as you've suggested but that option does not appear to be available to us. Are we to presume this is because we must pay for your membership option?

The only thing that we can think of, is that we have updated our website and in so doing, have moved the site to a sub-folder called /2015-site/ instead of having the site at root, where it was before when the site was working. Could there be a problem with URLs? We haven't any other idea for fixing this and have had a client receive this result, we've had this result when trying to make a live purchase, and the same result using the Sandbox.

Regards, Martin and Estelle at Energyquarter

• Energyquarter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Tyler,

We are still having the issue as outlined.
    Martin, our website developer has tried the process in sandbox mode and the problem still exists. I have also been able to create the error.

The main technical item that has changed recently is that the site has been moved to the sub-folder /2015-site

http://www.energyquarter.com/2015-site/

Could this be the issue?
    We really need to resolve this as soon as possible, as customers cannot purchase our pay per view material.
    Your urgent help would really be appreciated.

Best regards,
    Estelle

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Estelle,

Hope you're doing well today! Apologies for my delay here.

If you have moved the website then you will likely have to update the IPN url too :slight_smile: otherwise it will be going to the old one which will be incorrect now.

Have you done that yet? If not, then I'm thinking that will fix it up.

if it's still not working after that would you mind sending in your WP login to me through our private contact form? https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Then I can take a closer look at this. I'm not sure why the access isn't working, but I can check that too when I login.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Oops, my apologies Estelle, forgot this was Pay Per View which doesn't require setting the IPN url. So forget that part, if you could just send in the credentials so I can take a look at your settings that would be awesome :slight_smile:

Also, the FTP is optional, but it could save us time in the future if we do end up needing it.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.