There was an error crawling [site], we weren't able to get meaningful r

Hi, I am having trouble getting SmartCrawl to do a test on my website. I get the following error:
There was an error crawling https://bettermoneylenders.com.au/, we weren't able to get meaningful results.
I have turned support access on for this site. Can you help?

  • Katya Tsihotska

    Hi Megan

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    I've checked your site and tried to run another Checkup, it worked fine for me. I suppose there was a temporary issue, probably caused by another process that was running on your site or server.

    Just to be sure that everything worked fine now, I've run the checkup 3 times, and all the times it worked fine.

    However, if you'll face the issue again, in order to further diagnose the cause, I'd request you to perform the two tests mentioned in the following:
    1. Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, please do a plugin conflict test. It's always better to create a full site backup before doing this or perform the test on a staging copy of the site.
    The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new empty plugins folder
    * Move the plugin folder (in this case: wpmu-dev-seo and wpmudev-updates) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Check if issue still persists, if no, proceed to the next step
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

    NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin > Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

    Let us know about results.

    2. Enable wp debug. To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    To this:

    // Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

    Please make sure to add the above code just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

    After this, try to replicate issue again. Then go to /wp-content folder and check if debug.log file is there. If it's there. download it, save as debug.txt and attach to your next reply.

    Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.