there- We have membership installed on a site and found

Hi there-
We have membership installed on a site and found an issue. We are using Authorize.net gateway. We found after running for about a month that quite a few of the transactions come in to Authorize.net saying they need to be captured manually. We couldn't figure out the problem and Authorize.net wasn't sure why some transactions were coming in that way.

We just got an email from someone that gives more details...

I think I discovered what may be a small bug in our membership sign-up process. It also may explain why so many transactions are having to be captured manually.

I just joined the club tonight. After entering all of the information, when I clicked the "process payment" button I received an error message that said "Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription." This actually isn't true since my card doesn't expire until Sept. 2015, but I bet others are receiving that message and it's why we've been having a few folks get confused or join twice. Since I get the Authorize.Net e-mails, I noticed that the payment did indeed process, and a "welcome to the club" confirmation also arrived from Andy.

I logged on to Authorize.Net and discovered that my transaction is one of those that needed to be captured manually. There may be something in the system that matches expiration dates and the subscription period that needs tweaking.

We are now wondering if there is something in the plugin that is causing. It seems that if someone creates a subscription for one year and their card expires within that year, then they see the notice "Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription."