there, Would you please advise me how can i customise

Hi there,

Would you please advise me how can i customise registration form.
I need to add some new filed to registration from.

and also please tell me how can I get rid of "Leave a Reply" section under my registration form

Cheers,

Pouya

• Alexander

Hello @ashkan,
    I'm sorry, but right now there isn't a way to add custom fields with out adding your own code, or modifying the membership plugin.

1. You can directly change "registration.form.php" and add the new fields.
    2. Membership registration forms still call the "signup_extra_fields" hook. So you can use this hook to add more content to the form without modifying Membership directly.

If you're interested in doing this in code let me know and I can help you get started. If you need to hire a developer, be sure to checkout WPMU Jobs.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• ashkan

Hi Alex thanks for your replay,

When I signed up for WPMU I assumed that Membership plugin has customizable registration form like many other membership plugins in the market. Anyway I am familiar with php coding but I am not professional. it would be great if you can give me more details like where to begin what part of database I need to modify? how does registration form work and how can I use the signup_extra_fields hooks etc... if you can provide me some sample code with comments that would be sweet...

Cheers,

Pouya

• PC

Consolidating multiple threads into one.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/alex-thanks-for-your-replay-when-i-signed-up-for-wpmu?replies=7#post-428684
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/urgent-help-regarding-to-customising-registration-form?replies=2#post-428685

Hello Pouya,

Greetings and thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.

This is PC from the support team. I see you created multiple threads for the same issue hence it delayed the response times. It certainly does not speed them up.

Coming on to the questions - Membership plugin does not allow you to customize the signup form out of the box. There are a couple of ways you can do it in though.

1: Custom coding -

As Alex suggested above

1. You can directly change "registration.form.php" and add the new fields.
    2. Membership registration forms still call the "signup_extra_fields" hook. So you can use this hook to add more content to the form without modifying Membership directly.

If you're interested in doing this in code let me know and I can help you get started. If you need to hire a developer, be sure to checkout WPMU Jobs.

I have asked @Alexander Rohmann to provide comments on this one. Please note that we have a limited scope when it comes to custom coding and that is why we have got Job boards where you can post your custom job requirements : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Alex will be on it as soon as he comes online.

2: Using BuddyPress -

You can use BuddyPress extended profiles in order to add more fields to your registration form. Membership integrates with BuddyPress seamlessly and you can add as many fields as you want. If you do not want to use the community features of BuddyPress, that is perfectly fine, you can just use the profiles from BuddyPress and leave the rest. That is the best way to achieve what you want.

Need an example : http://hub.communityenergy.org.nz/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1 is a combination of Membership and BuddyPress.

3: A different approach -

You can use the default WordPress Registration with a plugin like http://wordpress.org/plugins/user-meta/

Members can signup using WordPress registration and the plugin above can add custom fields to their profile, then you can use a login redirect plugin to redirect them to the subscription page and let them choose a subscription and checkout.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Alexander

@ashkan

If you're up for it, I would actually agree with PC here that BuddyPress is a great option for this. I honestly didn't consider it earlier, and it's a more complete solution.

But as for the code:

I don't have any particular sample code to provide. But I can definitely point you in the right direction to where this has been done before.

You can check out the code from Signup Code, Terms of Service, and Set Password as these are all plugins we have that modify the signup page.

The particularly important parts are using the "signup_extra_fields" hook to inject new fields, and the "wpmu_validate_user_signup" to validate them after the form is submitted. At this point you can do whatever you like with the information. This all does require a good bit of PHP and HTML knowledge.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.