Thesis Compatability

Now the really BIG question: will you support WP/Thesis integration? So far, it appears not. What I've learned is that shopping carts that automatically generate pages cause problems for Thesis. WP eStore apparently works with Thesis as does the new WP version of eCommerce Templates. As far as I can tell, MarketPress won't work with Thesis 2.0. If that's the case, I'll have to find another solution.

• aecnu

Greetings on_edge,

Thank you for the question and the BIG question is have you tried it out using short codes?

I do not own Thesis so I cannot pre-test it for you.

In addition, almost all (I would say all but there is an exception to every rule) framework themes more often then not cause issues because the end user is not skilled enough to add the plugin etc. into the framework itself as necessary (more often then not). This is not a plugins issue, this is a direct result of using a framework theme.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings on_edge,

Thank you for your input which is greatly appreciated.

Doesn't lock you in to the limitations of a regular theme's layout.

I find it easy enough to make any change whatsoever to a themes layout and any pages therein, add pages from other themes etc. without being locked into the confines of a framework and plugins with the exception of css tweaks on occasion slide right in.

If you're saying that short codes would replace the default means of automatically creating pages, maybe it still has merit.

Yes sir that is exactly what I was proposing.

I'm a developer so no significant limitations there, but I haven't used MP before so this is what I'm exploring.

Thank you for letting us know and you should be able to have some fun with it :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.