This hasnt got anything to with any of your products, but

Hi Guys,-
This hasnt got anything to with any of your products, but still hope you can help...
On my site iracerscandinavia.org there is in the left sidebar a [Sidebar Login Vidget]
When users try to login they are often,- if browser has been closed og browser cashe emtied, given a blank page with only one word "Blocked"...
I have serced and asked questions many places but the problem is still unsolved.. On the site i am also using "Register Plus Redux" where i have added a couple of fields to users...
Besides the problem i would so much like to streamline the whole user area incl. registration pages, login, lost password, logout and so on to a much nicer look...
Can you help please,- both with the problem and to point me to a plug that will make it possible for me to get rid of all WP user stuff..

Later i want to redisign the site using only VPMU stuff and for that i will probably need your help for the transition, import of users and content and so forth...

I think i should also mention that i am by no means a code person, but i learn fast and understand pretty good whats going on..

I have allready Granted VPMU access to my site..!!

Thanks in advance
Per

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Per, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

It does seem like an issue specific to that plugin, as logging in with the normal WordPress login page works just fine for me.

Taking the rest of your question here into consideration though, what if you were you use a plugin like this to provide a front end user experience:

http://codecanyon.net/item/user-profiles-made-easy-wordpress-plugin/4109874

Please advise,
    Michael

• Per
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi again Michael...
    I have removed any plug that mingles with the wp-login,- except for the redux...

Now the problem is even worse,- now nobody can login (not even myself) i have to go all the way through wordpress to get on to the site...

i Have made a testsite here: iracerscandinavia.org/test/

That is a complete new wordpress installation and here you can do what you want with no limitations....

Best
    Per

• Per

Well,- i think i might accidently have solved it for now...
    Could you do a test for me,-
    empty your browser cashe, close the browser and then try to log on again, see if it works now...
    Thank
    Per

• Per

Then if it works this way,- we can go on to the other topics...
    One important thing here is how do i change the user system to the plug you suggested without loosing data, and then be able to delete the redux plug afterwards...
    Next is,- if i design a new site here iracerscandinavia.org/dev/
    Can i then move the entire site to the root folder and keep all data that is allready there. Posts, custom Content(jetpack), Pages, users, bbPress, in short all data and content...

Thanks in advance
    Per

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Per

I hope you are well today.

I will suggest to install the new plugin and deactivate the old one (don't delete). As all the user info is stored in the database, so it should not be lost. Then configure the new plugin and take a backup. Now delete the old plugin from ftp (not from wp-admin/plugins/ page).

Can i then move the entire site to the root folder and keep all data that is allready there. Posts, custom Content(jetpack), Pages, users, bbPress, in short all data and content...

Yes, you can do it. You just need to change the URL. The easiest way is to export the entire database, open the sql file in an editor, search and replace the old url with the new url and upload in the new database.

Make sure you don't have hardcoded the old url in any of your themes and plugins.

Cheers
    Ash

• Per

Hmmmmmmm,-
    Sounds complicated for guy like myself....

I found this in the wordpress docs...:
    Pointing your home site's URL to a subdirectory
    In some cases, you may have a WordPress site that changes significantly every year, such as with a conference website. If you want to install each year's version of the site in a subdirectory, such as /2010, /2011, and /2012, but have the root domain (yoursite.com) automatically redirect to a particular subdirectory (usually the latest), follow this technique:

Install WordPress in a subdirectory, such as /2012.
    In your root folder (not the subdirectory folder), download and open your .htaccess file.
    Add the following to your .htaccess file:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?YourDomain.com$
    RewriteRule ^(/)?$ blog [L]
    In the above code, change the "YourDomain.com" value to your root domain.
    In the above code, change the "blog" value to the subdirectory.
    Save and upload the .htacess file back to your root directory.
    Now when users to go your root domain (yoursite.com), it will automatically redirect to the subdirectory you specified. When you want to redirect to a new subdirectory, such as the conference site for next year, just update the .htaccess redirect code.

Do you think that would work for me,- actually thats what i want, changing the sites look, fell and capabilities but keep working on the same data,- users, and ALL kinds of content....????

Thanks
    Per

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.