WPMU DEV Plugins With MultiSite

Hey, this is all new for me and im having some confusion with the WPMU Dev plugins.

My website is a Multisite (New as well), and I understand that you install plugins to the network, and then you can activate them on each individual site? My problem is that the WPMU Dev plugins aren't displaying on the site at all when not in the network section?

Im wanting the WPMU Dev plugins to display on my main website, but then hide them for the rest of the network, but I cant get any of the plugins to display on any site at this moment in time.

Ive tried Pro Sites, and upgraded my main site with premium plugins etc. and ive also tried the Multisite Plugin Manager but when I go to change the privileges that doesn't even display the WPMU Dev plugins!

When I visit my site, now updated to pro etc using the Pro Sites plugin, I still only get the default askimet plugin etc. displaying.

Am I missing something here? As I said im new so not sure how all of this works, im abit of a "newbie" when it comes to Wordpress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lewis,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question. Welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

With a Multisite install, if the plugin is network activated, it's globally activated and may have specific network admin functions, such as Pro Sites, which is only used from the network admin.

Other plugins that are networked activated, can still be configured on a per site basis within the admin dashboard of each sub site, for example MarketPress, though MarketPress, also has specific network admin setup details as well :slight_smile:

When a plugin is networked activated, this means it wouldn't show in the > plugins list within the sub site, as it's already activated and can't be activated or deactivated by a sub site admin.

If the plugin isn't networked activated, it will then show in the sub sites dashboard > plugins, where a sub site admin can activate it.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.