This is in regards to the http://hub.connectsai.com website

Hi–

This is in regards to the http://hub.connectsai.com website specifically.

I'm using the Wiki Pro plugin and I want to use a sidebar on the /wiki/ page as well as the individual wiki posts pages.

I am also using Custom Sidebars Pro – I made a new widget area called "Wiki Sidebar" and I put in the widgets I want, I also assigned the sidebar location to the "Wiki" post type.

Even with all of this, there isn't a sidebar appearing on any of the wiki pages. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

Josh

• Milan

Hello @awesurance,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've just tested Wiki and Custom Sidebar Pro with default twentyfifteen theme to be sure both plugin are playing nicely together. Result were as expected. I was able to set sidebar for archive wiki pages and to every single wiki page too by enabling custom post type and archive widget sidebar position as shown in attached screenshot.

I've noticed one thing is that something theme's default widget area locked automatically when plugin gets activated just to be sure plugin don't overwrite default settings.

Now first thing I suggesst you to make sure you've no locked widget area in your theme to do that navigate to Appearance > Widget > Your Theme's default sidebar area > Allow this sidebar to replaced uncheck it if its already checked. Please refer for visual navigation.

After this much confirmation you are good to go setup sidebar for wikis, Please follow below steps to setup particular sidebar for wiki pages and wiki archives.

#1) Navigate to widget area which you want to set for wiki pages, click on sidebar position link,
    #2) Configure sidebar visibility as shown in attached screenshot. Check As Widget Area for selected Post Types checkbox it will let you choose custom post type, choose "Wiki" from the list
    #3) Now to set any sidebar for wiki archives you'll need follow above procedure and then need to select As Widget Area for selected Archive Types and from dropdown "Wiki Archives"

In addition to above process you can set different sidebar for individual wikis, Just edit the wiki and set sidebar of your preference from Sidebars metabox.

Do this much process and you'll be good to go with both plugin if not then Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @awesurance,

Thanks for granting me support staff access. :slight_smile:

I've just took a look at your site and found configurations to be correct. I don't see any other issue in configurations. Having that said, there could be theme conflict ? To be sure its not theme related issue can you deactivate your current theme and change it back to word-press default twenty-fifteen theme ? This process of theme conflict will help us to find theme conflict if there is any.

Now even after conducting theme conflict test, issue persists then another culprit may be other plugin ? To be sure its not some other plugin which is causing this issue can you please conduct plugin conflict test as described in our support manual as flowchart ? Please refer this link for more information about how to conduct plugin conflict test https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know what results you got with above tests ?

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.