This is my first time using/trying to use e-Newletter.

This is my first time using/trying to use e-Newletter.
I have created a newsletter, tested the smtp connection and sent a test email to myself. I am using 1and1 email servers.
Problem 1)
When sending this test email/newsletter to my own email it goes to spam. This seems to indicate that most of the recipients email would also send to spam. Is there a way to fix this? FYI - I tried the same newsletter design with MailChimp and the email came to my inbox without being sent to spam. But since it would cost me $100 a month to send to all my contacts I decided to try to make your email plugin work.

Problem 2)
I went a head and sent the email to a list of 977 contacts. The send stops at 60 of 977. after waiting several minutes with the send stuck at 60 I stopped the send and tried to make a few adjustments. I sent the newsletter again with the same results. It stopped at 60. This time I left it alone for almost an hour. When I came back was still at 60 of 977. I paused the send and decided to come back to it another day. Why does the send stop at 60 each time?

Problem 3)
Two days later I came back to the newsletter and tried to restart the send. I get an "Error Sending. Check Send Settings" message. So I open settings and test the connection - connection success. Then I cloned the newsletter with this problem and sent a test of the clone to myself. The test went through...well it went to spam but it sent. Why am I getting the Error Sending message on my newsletter that was paused when my send setting are working on other newsletters?

Thanks for your help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Lnunnally,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Problem 1)
    When sending this test email/newsletter to my own email it goes to spam. This seems to indicate that most of the recipients email would also send to spam. Is there a way to fix this?...

Unfortunately this is not something e-Newsletter can deal with, this depends on the server you're using to send out emails, so need to either check that with 1and1 or use different server for sending emails.

Problem 2)
    I went a head and sent the email to a list of 977 contacts. The send stops at 60 of 977. after waiting several minutes with the send stuck at 60 I stopped the send and tried to make a few adjustments....

This can happen if the server can't handle the large number of emails that need to be sent.
    Try going to e-Newsletter > Settings > Outgoing Email Settings and in there enable CRON sending and try setting lower number in limitation field in order to send fewer emails per hour.

Also, when sending your emails try using Send in background (by CRON) option, this will send the emails in background which will reduce the load on your server.

Problem 3)
    Two days later I came back to the newsletter and tried to restart the send. I get an "Error Sending. Check Send Settings" message. So I open settings and test the connection - connection success. Then I cloned the newsletter with this problem and sent a test of the clone to myself. The test went through...well it went to spam but it sent. Why am I getting the Error Sending message on my newsletter that was paused when my send setting are working on other newsletters?

I must say I'm unsure about this part and I don't recall dealing with such issue before, can you check if it will send it by following instructions for question #2, perhaps it will send normally by CRON.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.