This is not a question but a bug report of the WPMU

This is not a question but a bug report of the WPMU Dashboard not playing well with Bulletproof Security and Wordfence plugins. Maybe other plugins as well. I notices now on several of my sites when updating Bulletproff Security, or, after recently installing Wordfence, the WPMU dashboard menu item disappears from the WP dashboard. All it takes is to go to the plugins page and deactivate WPMU dashboard and reactivate it again. The menu then reappears.

However, when this happened the first time it was a bit of a scramble to figure this out. I realized that having WPMU plugin updates dependent on having WPMU dashboard installed is a major pita. I think it should be an option and not a requirement.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pixeldrummer,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your report!

Having a security plugin like Bulletproof installed, that makes a lot of changes to your WordPress install, including .htaccess additions, can often cause conflicts between other plugins. Especially if you add in another security plugin alongside it.

Was this only happening when you added in Wordfence or was it happening before that with just Bulletproof?

Thanks again for letting us know here, I will pass this information on to one of our developers to further investigate :slight_smile:

I think it should be an option and not a requirement.

The Dashboard isn't a requirement, but we have designed it to make updating/adding/removing our plugins super easy! As well, it adds in support features directly from your dashboard.

You can still update a plugin without the dashboard via FTP.

Thanks Pixeldrummer :slight_smile: Let us know if you notice anything else odd happening there.

Cheers,
    Tyelr

• Pixeldrummer

Hi Tyler,

- I installed Bulletproof in about 5 of my sites and it happens on all sites that have WPMU plugins/dashboard
    - I do not install 2 security plugins on the same site.
    - Bulletproof security doesn't play well with your membership plugin. (I had very good support from them at the time, and the plugins just don't get along... I suspect too many redirects that clash). kyebay.ca
    - I installed Wordfence recently in kyebay.ca and the security plugin works with everything but that's when I noticed that disappearing dashboard menu.

I've posted on 07/14/2014 when I discovered the issue:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-not-update-subscribe-by-email-plugin#post-703943
    Before I posted I downloaded and installed the WPMU dashboard 4 times.
    I found the solution by accident.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.