This is not related a specific plugin, but downloading

This is not related a specific plugin, but downloading a bunch of plugins, only 50% or less actually install. I am getting various errors and a red alert bar. What's the problem?

• Milan

Hello Richard ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us.

This is not related a specific plugin, but downloading a bunch of plugins.

Whenever you have a question which is not related to specific plugin you can post that in "General Wordpress" category but as this is related to our "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin I have moved this therad to its category.

I am getting various errors and a red alert bar. What's the problem?

This is likely a permission issue on your server, when you try to install a plugin from wordpress.org within your default plugin installer does it ask for further connection information? (FTP credentials)

Most hosts are configured to allow your install to access the files without asking for credentials; however, looks like yours might be setup a little different.

An easy way around this would be to add the following constant to your wp-config.php:

define('FS_METHOD','direct');

If it still asks you for connection information after that then you can try adding your FTP credentials to your wp-config.php instead, like this:

define(‘FTP_HOST’, ‘host’);
    define(‘FTP_USER’, ‘user’);
    define(‘FTP_PASS’, ‘pass’);

Hope that helps! If you still experience any issues just let us know.

Cheers,
    Milan