This may be a ridiculous question. But is there a simple

This may be a ridiculous question. But is there a simple way to set all of the content boxes (header, nav bar, content area, etc) to optionally have NO background color? Or perhaps set some kind of transparency on them? I'm just working with the default.css for this theme, which is just the sort of framework I need for my current project. But I have a big background image here that can't be seen with all the solid colored content boxes on top. Thanks in advance for any ideas or input.

• Ash

Hello @guymon

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can use theme options to add/remove colors from different section in the site. But if you want more control, you can force css to hide it like:

#top-header .navigation{
    background: none !important;
    }

This will delete the current background of main menu. You need to do so for all other sections.

Cheers
    Ash

• guymon

I appreciate that suggestion, and I've been trying to poke around the css, but I'm really at an intermediate level with coding here... I was hoping to avoid wasting a bunch of time changing that much of the underlying css for something (seemingly) so simple.... In this theme's Theme Options there is a section called Background Settings, and within this is a section that says "Choose your content body background color". This sets a uniform color across all content boxes all over the page. There's no option for "none" as it defaults to white.... which makes it kinda pointless to use any kind of main background image.... I'm wondering if maybe there's something in the options.php or functions.php that can be modified, but that's a bit beyond my humble scope of programming skills...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.