This plugin fails and if fact, any plugin that tries

This plugin fails with a CURL error and if fact, any plugin that tries to contact another server outwith my hosting provider's.

Can anybody tell me if I can fix this from my end or if my host needs to do something?

I am hosting at Wealthy Affiliate and I think it might be an extra protection layer.

Many thanks,

Chris

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

Could you please tell me exactly what's the CURL error you are getting by copy pasting it here?

It looks like cUrl isn't enabled for PHP if it will run from commandline but not from a script. So it's either a PHP setup issue or something that sits between PHP & the server shell is mis-configured and is blocking external calls.

Can you create a phpinfo page and link that to this post so we can see what's currently configured? Just create a page called phpinfo.php which contains the following line:

<?php phpinfo() ?>

And upload it to your site via FTP. This will tell us a little about how your server is configured and whether or not cURL is enabled.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Chris

Hi Martin & Vinod,

thanks for putting so much effort into investigating my problem. I must say i am very impressed at this community. It's almost as good as WA! :slight_smile: And thank you for welcoming me; I am very happy to be here!

Just to confirm, I have around 20 domains all with premium hosting which is the highest level. The free package only allows sub-domains on the siterubix domains and yes I can confirm there are restrictions on what you can do with those too.

I have also checked my other domains and they are having the same issue as well so it looks as if it's a server side restriction. All related to plugins of different flavours but all trying (and failing) to connect with an outside server.

To answer your question Vinod, I believe the P1 content magnet plugin reported a CURL 7 error but I could be mistaken. I'll investigate this further. The WPMUdev dashboard wasn't specific about the type of CURL error. It just mentioned it.

The other plugins just fail without reporting a specific error.

I have spoken to some of the other members who confirm there may be restrictions in place to prevent spamming by both our members and outside parties. With a community of around 100,000 I can certainly understand this but it doesn't help me too much!

I'll speak to Kyle and Carson as soon as I can but they are notoriously slippery when it comes to asking questions about the system. They're amazing with regards to everything else though.

I'll attempt to create that php page Vinod and report back when it's ready,

regards,

Chris

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your detailed reply and sharing me the page link.

I checked the page and found the curl is enabled on your site.

I have also checked my other domains and they are having the same issue as well so it looks as if it's a server side restriction. All related to plugins of different flavours but all trying (and failing) to connect with an outside server.

I think this is server issue which may be preventing these calls using firewall.

Please contact your server administrator to resolve this issue as i think he can better help you in this situation.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great day!

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.