This plugin is great up until I want my users to create

This plugin is great up until I want my users to create an event, then there's a blank page for adding an event. When I add a page with the shortcode provided for a custom page, anyone NOT an admin can't see the page. It's blank and the sidebars are all messed up.

Need some detailed info on this thing. I've checked everything. Adding events for groups doesn't even work.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

This plugin is great up until I want my users to create an event, then there's a blank page for adding an event.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When I add a page with the shortcode provided for a custom page, anyone NOT an admin can't see the page. It's blank and the sidebars are all messed up.

Could you please share the page link where you are facing this issue so that i can troubleshoot it?

Adding events for groups doesn't even work.

What's the problem are you facing with it?
    Have you activated the Events+ add-on called "BuddyPress: Group Events"?

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true.

For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting on the blank page that you get.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Weird Mike

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Logout_Redirect in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/logout-redirect/logout-redirect.php on line 44

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/logout-redirect/logout-redirect.php on line 203

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/logout-redirect/logout-redirect.php:44) in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/hide-my-wp.php on line 1129

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/bowe-codes/includes/shortcodes.php on line 269

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/bowe-codes/includes/shortcodes.php on line 269

Notice: bp_is_front_page is deprecated since version 1.5! Use is_front_page() instead. in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3201

• Weird Mike

Disabling the plugin "Bowe Codes" I get this

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Logout_Redirect in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/logout-redirect/logout-redirect.php on line 44

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/logout-redirect/logout-redirect.php on line 203

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/logout-redirect/logout-redirect.php:44) in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/hide_my_wp/hide-my-wp.php on line 1129

• Weird Mike

Lastly before I give up and just look for something else. Here's the debug info remaining on the event creation page I made with the shortcode:

Notice: Undefined variable: ret in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-front_page_editing.php on line 357

Notice: Undefined variable: ret in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypress-group_events.php on line 234

Notice: Undefined variable: ret in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-events-limit_capacity.php on line 219

Strict Standards: Non-static method Eab_EventsHub::tablename() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_event_model.php on line 926

• Weird Mike

Turned off one add-on in the Events+ settings and now my site is down with this:

Notice: Undefined index: accept_payments in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/events-and-bookings.php on line 294

Notice: Undefined index: accept_api_logins in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/events-and-bookings.php on line 295

Notice: Undefined index: user_rsvp_group_only in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypres-activity.php on line 252

Notice: Undefined index: bp-group_event-auto_join_groups in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypress-group_events.php on line 174

Notice: Undefined index: bp-group_event-private_events in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypress-group_events.php on line 175

Notice: Undefined index: bp-group_event-user_groups_only in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypress-group_events.php on line 176

Notice: Undefined index: bp-group_event-user_groups_only-unless_superadmin in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypress-group_events.php on line 177

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/events-and-bookings.php:294) in /home1/mpkarle/public_html/nolmt.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

• Tyler Postle

Hey Weird Mike,

Hope you're doing well today!

More than happy to help out here. I also just want to note that our support works on a feed system going from oldest to newest to distribute support evenly and so no one gets missed. I can assure you that Vinod would never "ditch out" on a post and is simply busy resolving other tickets working his way back to this one :slight_smile:

As for your issue, I see that some of those notices/warnings are coming from the "Hide my WP" plugin, that could be causing capability issues, can you try deactivating that one?

Also, do you have the Capabilities add-on active for Events? You will want to make sure you activate this then give the proper permissions to your users :slight_smile:

This add-on is located inside the settings page with the rest of the add-ons.

Once activated you will see options like the ones in my screenshot where you can apply capabilities to each user role, make sure you set that up as needed.

If you're still having issues here then if you could grant support access again I'll take a closer :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Mike!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Weird Mike

I'm marking this resolved as I'm sure I'll figure out how to allow an image to be uploaded for it. I'm sure you guys have had enough of the stressed out Me for one night lol. Thank you @Tyler Postle for your help.

Sorry @Vinod Dalvi for my lack of patience tonight.

Just say to all the developers on this one, you should REALLY look into creating an option to replace a lot of your standard forms for use with Gravity Forms (like they did with the BuddyPress User Registration) I could see an incline in user capabilities with that.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mike,

Glad the capabilities add-on did the trick there :slight_smile:

I actually just noticed that feature image issue too and it's because a subscriber doesn't have the capability to upload images/files. Only the Author, editor, and admins do; however, we can give them this capability by using a plugin such as the User Role Editor.

Once active, you will want to go to:

Users > User Role Editor. Then select the subscriber user role and apply the "upload_files" capability as seen in my attached screenshot. Then it should be all good to go :slight_smile:

I'm actually going to add this as a feature request for the plugin too, to be able to apply that capability right from within the capabilities add-on.

Thanks Mike and hope you have a great rest of your night!

Let us know if you need anything else.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I'll pass along that form suggestion too :slight_smile: