Threaded Replies Don't Work (Reply Button does nothing)

Hi there,

I have BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG enabled and thus am using Buddypress across my network.

On this site, when you click 'reply' to a comment the browser window moves but no message box appears to type in.

http://drumcovers.tv/groups/drum-covers/

However, on a different site (one displaying the same content from that group) it works just fine. For instance:

http://drummersdatabase.com/community/groups/drum-covers/

I've tried deactivating plugins to no avail which leads me to believe it might be a theme related issue.

Is there any way to find out what might be causing this?

Thanks!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @davejmason,

I just took a look at your site, and we're getting this error in the console.

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'live'

The "live" function in jQuery has been removed in a recent version. So your theme is loading it's own version of jQuery, which is actually a bit too new for many plugins. All of our plugins will work just fine with the version of jQuery that is included with Wordpress by default.

Wordpress 3.6 will include a more recent jQuery version, and by the time it's released we'll have all of our plugins updated to support that version.

Regardless, a theme loading it's own version can cause many issues with other plugins and really should be avoided. Do you know if there's a setting with your theme to use the built in Wordpress version?

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• davejmason
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply you hit the nail on the head with that one. I pasted your message to the theme developer and he's releasing a fix for the issue in the next release. It's all good and working now.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.