Three feature requests for Buddypress group email

I guess you will ask me to take this to the pro job board, and maybe I will.
But to be sure, I just wanted to ask if any of this can be done with existing code?

I need for Buddy Press Group email:

* To support file attachments and html.
* When sending an email I want it to keep a copy of the sent email in a new thread in BB-press and insert a link back too that post, so that users can find the original message and comment on it.

Can any or all of this be done cleverly, using already existing code?
thanx!
j

• Sajid

Hi @janderson

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You are clever, but I am afraid I don't have any code to do that at the moment. However I am flagging SLS (Second Line Support) here for their invaluable feedback on this matter. He might have any code in hand to do that quickly. If possible he will post a reply here.

I am also moving it to features and feedback forum to make it official depending on its popularity amongst our other valuable member of community. More +1's, more chances of it to be considered for development.

And lastly, yes, if you want it right now then please head over to custom job development board to hire a third party developer to this job for you.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @janderson,

I hope you are well today.

Yes, those features all beyond the custom code we could provide. However, I can give you some guideline :slight_smile:

* To support file attachments and html.

This will need to be separated into 2 part, the file field on html, and how we process it when sending email.
    1. Please check the function display of the file /bp-group-email/includes/bp-group-email.php, in the bottom, you will see a form, in here you can append a field in put.
    2. Now we can check the function bp_group_email_send, this handling the email sending. From here, you can get the uploaded file, and attach to the email

* When sending an email I want it to keep a copy of the sent email in a new thread in BB-press and insert a link back too that post, so that users can find the original message and comment on it.

This is something more complex, in same function as above (bp_group_email_send). Before the email send, you can use the function bbp_insert_topic to create a new topic, and then get a link so you can inject it to the email content.

If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.