Thumbnails on Categories

As a question and suggestion, it will be really useful to have this option when creating a category, is there any way I could display an image (thumbnail) when displaying my category list?

Somehow I feel this plugin is limited when it comes to customisation and by that I mean displaying methods

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings b__nazak_gonz__lez,

Thank you for your feedback and question, they are greatly appreciated.

Depending on the theme I do not know why a person could not simply code in a graphic for the category especially if it is relative to the default theme that comes with Directory.

However, aside from the above coding this is still a great which I shall pass on to the lead developer with his invaluable insight and see what his advice/advisement may be concerning this topic – especially in the event I am missing something here.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Are you talking about the menu icon that’s associated with a custom type? Those currently only apply to Post Types, not taxonomies.

Also there is the complication that a listing could belong to multiple taxonomies. Which icon would you display?

In general you try to separate data from display, data in the database and data structure and display in the template. You could certainly adapt a template to display what you want.

• b__nazak_gonz__lez
    • New Recruit

Yea right now I’m adapting my theme to display this way by just setting my own pages and link to the list I want, I suggested this since I really think there are more options than a simple list or grid to display a directory, something that a common customer couldn’t do withouth the help of a developer, and thank you very much Timothy I’ll give a look to those plugins.

• b__nazak_gonz__lez
    • New Recruit

OK Timothy the 1st plugin seems to work just fine, I’m just having problem when it comes to actually display the image, is there any way to access the loop of [dr_list_categories style="grid"] so i can integrate <?php ciii_category_images(); ?>or I have to make it directly into the plugin? thanks in advance.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

If you are needing to alter the shortcode then you would need to edit the core files.

It might be wiser to look at the code creating that shortcode and then replicating it within your themes function file or a custom plugin.

/directory/core/core.php

list_categories_sc()

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.