Time Base within Snapshot - Managed Backup

Please advise if it is possible to change time base from schedule backup each hour to schedule backup per half an hour

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello David

Hope you're doing well!

I've flagged out second level support devlopers in here so they could provide you some feedback. Please note, our developers' response time is longer-than-normal compared to support staff response times.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there David,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've already updated the task sent to our devs. Please keep in mind that these times are getting triggered by cron jobs, which rely on actual traffic in your website, so they are not 100% accurate anyway (at least, if you don't set some system cron jobs instead, as shown here).

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello David

I have attached a small mu-plugin to this post for you that should set this as a you request - giving you a 15minutes interval choice. To apply it to your site please:

- download an attached .zip file and extract it to your local drive
    - access your server via FTP
    - upload the "managed-backups-daytime.php" file from inside of an attached .zip file to the

"/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder

on your server; if there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside of "wp-content" folder, just create it.

Give it a try please and let me know if that works for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello David

I'd suggest testing that first on one of the sites or some staging site instead of implementing on all 40 sites. I've tested it myself on my end but it's better to make sure :slight_smile:

As for implementing it in plugin official release. I'm not aware of any plans for that. I'll ask lead developer about it but to be honest I wouldn't expect that soon. Backup is quite "resource intensive" task and on majority of setups (that's mostly related to parameters of most shared hosting accounts and simpler server offers) such frequent backup could actually cause issues overloading servers. Often, with big sites, it also takes more than 15 minutes (sometimes it's hours) to complete single backup.

Then, another aspect is an "accuracy". By default, schedule is triggered by WP cron which fully depends on the traffic that you get on site. In many cases it would mean that while backup is scheduled e.g. at 1:00pm it actually is fired up e.g. 1:10pm or 1:25pm... That could be made more "stable" by switching the site from WP cron to a real server cron but again - majority of users do not do this and will not do this. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

However, like I said, I'll suggest that to the lead developer of the plugin. I can certainly see cases when this would actually be handy so let's see what he says :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.