time slots

Appointments plugin … i set services for 30min 60min 90min … but in front-end i only get 30 min time slots for all services … eg: 8:00 am – 8:30 am … 8:30 am – 9:00 am …for the 60 min should be 8:00 am – 9:00 am 9:00 – 10:00 am … here is the link http://anunturiuk.com/test/masaj/make-an-appointment/

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @yo_luca,

Welcome to the forums!

This is the expected result from this plugin if the time base for your company is set to 30 minutes (on the General settings tab). This means that appointments can START every 30 minutes, however the length of the service will make multiple slots unavailable if needed to allow the service the time it needs.

For example, if a user books a 60 minute appointments at 8:30am, it will mark the 8:30am AND 9:00am slots as unavailable.

You can change the Time Base to 60 or 90 minutes, but this will mean that 30 minutes appointments would only be allowed once every 60 or 90 minutes respectively.

I hope that clears things up for you, but feel free to post again if you need further clarification.

• yo_luca
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

ok got it ... not what i wanted ... but will do ..

another thing ...

is there a other way to let users select time for each service ?...because this way my list will be very long ..

i have 7 services ... multiply by 3 .. each given 30 . 60 and 90 ...mins ... will be a very long list to choose from ...

is there a way to add like a choose hours filed ?

thanks

• yo_luca
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

also ... forgot ... is there a way to add a gap time ...

for the service provider to get ready ... ?

like if someone books a time slot ... 8:00 to 9:30 ... next available cannot be 9:30 because service provider need 15 min to get ready ... is there a way to do this ?

thanks

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

I'm afraid there's not currently an option for an additional filter built into this plugin, this would probably be a case for custom coding. You're welcome to post a job on our Job Board at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs to see if someone could add it for you?

The way I would handle the 15 minute breaks is to add a new Base Time of 15 minutes, set you Time Base to 15, then extend all the services by 15 minutes so that a 30 minute appointment is actually 45 minutes long. However this has the drawback of allowing appointments to start every 15 minutes.

I'll put this forward as a feature request to see if we can add it in.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Isn't this the same as this topic?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/calendar-update

For your main question, if you have 30, 60, 90 minute services it is natural that you will have 30 minutes slots because if it was the other way around:

if someone booked for 8:00am for 30 minutes service and the rest of the people only book for 90 minutes services you could never use 8:30-9:30am.

is there a other way to let users select time for each service ?...because this way my list will be very long ..

No, that is not possible. Services and thus their durations should be pre defined.

like if someone books a time slot ... 8:00 to 9:30 ... next available cannot be 9:30 because service provider need 15 min to get ready ... is there a way to do this ?

Just add 15 minutes to your service duration. If you need 15 minutes breaks, your service actually lasts 60+15=75 minutes.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

You should exactly change time base to 15 minutes. The smaller the time base, the more efficient you can use your working hours. If you try some booking scenarios you will see what I mean.

If you use monthly calendar, the size will not be too large, and in any case there is no other way.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.