Time zone error

Hi!

I am not sure if it is a bug of pro sites, the issue is in "Account History", the time stamp is not according to the time zone I set in the Main site, I wonder if it count the member using incorrect time zone too ?

aecnu

Greetings jameshsi,

I am not sure if it is a bug of pro sites, the issue is in "Account History", the time stamp is not according to the time zone I set in the Main site, I wonder if it count the member using incorrect time zone too ?

This is a great question and Aaron (WPMU Dev lead developer) the other day were talking about time zones and the way they interact with each other.

In a single install of anything on any host we have the following things to deal with give or take one or two depending on the individual setup:

Server Time, CPanel Time, Software settings time (WordPress time for example), Plugin settings time, and of course end user time - and any or all of these can be right or wrong depending on the perspective of the person whom is viewing it and their time.

Therefore time is certainly to say the least a tricky situation.

The best one could possibly hope for is: server time = cpanel time = software time = plugin time and last but not least, one can obviously never tell or predict end user time.

In the end for hosting and end users, 24 hours is still 24 hours based upon the time the server/software calculated they are added to the system regardless of the real time and due to the variables mentioned above time will for the most part remain and anomaly until the day we globally sync our time zones which again obviously will never happen.

Cheers, Joe

aecnu

Greetings jameshsi,

I have not heard from you in quite some time regarding this ticket and my response was very comprehensive so I think it is resolved?

I am going to mark this ticket as resolved and if you have any issues directly related to this ticket please feel free to check mark it below as not resolved and post any comments that you may have regarding this ticket and issues thereof.

Cheers, Joe