Timebase keeps reseting to 10 minutes every time I edit locations

Every time I edit a location I get this error:

[Appointments+] One of your services is not divisible by the time base. Please visit Services tab and after making your corrections save new settings.

I check the timebase in the settings and it has reverted to 10 min from 15.

Any ideas?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @mrpatulski,

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with this. Are you on version 1.3.1? Version 1.3 was a pretty massive release, and there were a few bugs that were fixed in 1.3.1

Also, Are you using any database cacheing? Or are you experiencing any other settings being reset? (even from other plugins)

Best regards,

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @mrpatulski

If you are using v1.3.1 and you wish to use the 'Time Base' field in the A+ 'General' tab can you try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select A+ Settings
    Select the 'Add-ons' tab
    Activate the 'Durations' Add-on
    Then select the 'General' tab
    A new field will be visible at the bottom of the 'Time Settings' section
    The new field is 'Time slot calculus method'
    Set this to 'Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)'

Save the settings then try making an appointment.
    If this works could you then try making your previous changes and see if the 'Time Base' resets.

I'm hoping this works as if you don't have the 'Durations' Add-on activated then the default 'Time Base' rule is defaulted to 'Service duration based calculus' which means if you make any changes related to the 'Services' this will change your 'Time Base'

I'm also slightly confused because in your latest post you state you are using v1.3.1 but I have just found another post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-plugin-errors-corrupt-or-bug?replies=15#post-494456 where you state you have reverted to v1.2.8.

To confirm my suggestion above only relates to v1.3.1

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• mrpatulski
    • New Recruit

Hello,
    To clarify my remarks form the other thread, I am organizing my production site with r1.2.8 for now.

Beofre doing so, to resolve this issue I flagged, I have set up a test site within my network with a clean activation of r1.3.1.

[1] I can confirm that all of the default values come up in the fields ie email messages, appointment color palette, 30 minute time base.

[2] I activate 4 A+ addons:
    --Locations
    --Service locations
    --Worker Locations
    --Durations

[3] I create 3 locations.

[4] I go back to the general tab and the time base is set to 10 minutes and all of the fields are empty of default settings mentioned above and the color palette is now on custom.

Any ideas?

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @mrpatulski

With v1.3.1 can you please confirm you have set the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select A+ Settings
    Select the 'Add-ons' tab
    Activate the 'Durations' Add-on
    Then select the 'General' tab
    A new field will be visible at the bottom of the 'Time Settings' section
    The new field is 'Time slot calculus method'
    Set this to 'Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)'

Save the settings then try making an appointment.
    If this works could you then try making the changes that caused your 'Time Base' to reset and confirm if the 'Time Base' resets.

Regards
    SteveB

• mrpatulski
    • New Recruit

SteveB,
    Thanks for the steps. FYI I already had duration activated.

I just now tested after setting up as described. Outcome is not good. Selecting the 'Locations' tab and adding a location resets the timebase to 10 minutes and strips out all of the settings, reverts legend to custom and blanks out email templates.

So, I have turned off all of the location related add-ons:
    --Locations
    --Worker Locations
    --Service Locations

I also switched off the legacy timebase calculus and now can edit the settings without resets occurring. Once I added back the default email templates into their fields, the email solution started working again. I can create appointments and resend-confirmation messages too.

I am still using:
    --Service Description post type
    --Durations
    --Worker Locations

I am concluding that one of the location related add-ons is the culprit.

Best,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @mrpatulski,

I'm still unable to confirm any settings being reset.

When your settings reset, is everything going back to the defaults? Or to a previous configuration?

I still suspect there is some database caching going on. Can you try deactivating your nginx compatibility plugin temporarily? Let me know if this makes a difference in

Also, is this the plugin you're referring to? http://wordpress.org/plugins/nginx-compatibility/

If so, I'd recommend switching to this one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/nginx-helper/ The one above is quite old, and looks like it's only tested up to Wordpress version 2.5

Best regards,

• Tread
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@pxwm and @Alex

I can confirm the findings of @mrpatulski. After enabling the Location add-on, every time I set a new Location via the Location tab, my General settings tab resets and deletes all values and sets all settings to "No".

I'm running:

WP 3.6 (Single-user)

with the following plug-ins:

Akismet
    Analytics360
    Appointments+ 1.3.1
    Better WP Security
    Cleaner Gallery
    Executable PHP Widget
    Google Analyticator
    Google XML Sitemaps
    Gravity Forms
    Gravity Forms Directory & Add-ons
    Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On
    Gravity Forms PayPal Add-On
    Members
    Multiple Post Thumbnails
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets
    The Events Calendar PRO
    WordPress Database Backup
    WP-No-Tag-Base
    WP-Optimize
    WPMU DEV Dashboard
    WP No Category Base

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Tread

I'm aware that the following two plugins have caused problems in the past.

Google Analyticator
    WordPress Database Backup

You may wish to try deactivating them both and then trying.

As always I would suggest you take a back up of your site and database first so you have a rollback option.

Hope that hellps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @tread,

Sorry to hear you're having a similar issue. I'd recommend proceeding with @pxwm's suggestion hear of deactivating those two plugins.

If this doesn't help, can you please try this with all plugins deactivated?

Let us know what you find out

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @tread,

Thanks for confirming. I'm actually not sure where to look next here. I did realize that we have another user reporting the same issue over here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/settings-in-admin-panel-go-back-to-default-every-time

I'm still unable to confirm this, but we might be dealing with a bug that shows up with certain server configurations. I'm bringing this to the attention of the developer so we can get his feedback here.

Would you happen to be running Nginx as well?

Best regards,

• Tread
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Alexander Rohmann,

My host is 1and1.com. I have caching turned off and my server doesn't run nginx.

For testing sake, I added Appointment + to a local test server I have set up on my computer and am experiencing the same issue, so I don't think it's server settings that are an issue.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @tread,

I'm very sorry about the delay here. After much testing, I was actually finally able to reproduce this. I setup another site altogether and sure enough the time base is being reset. On this site, I can trigger all the time settings being reset by adding a new location and saving. I've informed the developer about this bug.

Best regards,

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Vladislav

I've never experienced this problem myself using v1.3.1 and would appreciate if you could confirm what scenarios would cause the problem being experienced by Tread?

erasing all of the settings in the General tab

Is it a plugin or server conflict or something else?

Regards
    SteveB

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

It's actually a bug in the plugin add-on itself, where one of the fields used in settings saving branching gets overwritten and affects saving. The attached update has the saving process reworked and using different hooks, so this issue shouldn't be happening.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.