Title font color changes back to black on Product theme with New Blog Template after making it templ

Hi gang,

I have a subdirectory install, so I created a new site, lets say: id/ tim. Then I use the Product template to make a nice customized template, domain map it which makes it an active blog, then daringly make the site a template blog, so I can use it to make a bunch of baby blogs.

What is weird is, my original blogs title font reverted back to the color black from magenta, and now I cannot change this H1 font, or even HR1 font, or even Link font color. I am dead in the water.

Any guidance is mucho appreciated.

regards,
Tim

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Tim,

That's no fun. Thank you for providing a detailed description of how you've encountered this problem! That's definitely a help to us.

Are you able to save the custom styles for the product theme before you use the new blog template site? This will help us narrow down whether it's a theme or plugin issue you're experiencing.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Also, I'd note that the H1 color pickers in the theme options aren't meant to change the Site Title. We'll look into adding this, but if that is the portion you want to change we don't currently provide a theme options for this.

Thanks!

• Lifebrightener
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Heyya Mason,

Thanks for the shout out,

Yeh, I think I am learning that to affect the color of the header font, I change the link color font, but after the template is 'fertilized' by becoming domain mapped, I have lost track of how to change the color. To be honest, I got the color to change again, and will have to get back to you how I did it, since I did it in a flurry of work. I think I changed it by changing the HR color, if that makes sense to you.

Let me know your thoughts, and I will be back at you for sure with a more solid answer how I did change the color for the title font.

Take care,
    Tim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.