Title & Meta not showing on Google search

Hello guys, I hope that you are all well.

Running WP Latest version multisite subfolders. Installed infinite seo by site basis.
Everything seems to work fine except for the Title & meta.
A Google search returns text which is used in in one of the pages of the main site, instead of the bespoke text used in the plugin Title and Meta settings.

See plugin usage tab fr clarity: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-seo/#usage Title & Meta, point 2

Could you please advise?
Thank you for your support

Regards, thefixer

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @thefixer

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

When did you install Infinite SEO? Please let me know.

Please note that, google takes time to change already indexed pages' title and meta data in search result. Sometimes it takes up to 15 days.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

Thanks for the update. Are you using any other SEO plugin (i don't think so though, just want to confirm).

Also, are you using any theme that has a seo part and you are using their options to set page title and meta?

Please let me know.

Cheers
      Ash

• thefixer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ash

apologies for late reply.

Thanks for the update. Are you using any other SEO plugin (i don't think so though, just want to confirm).

No

Also, are you using any theme that has a seo part and you are using their options to set page title and meta?

No.

The title description shows correctly. The meta description does not. Instead, Google shows the text used in one of the widgets area on the home page as the meta description.

Differently, Bing and Yahoo shows the text contained in another widget on the site home page, as the meta description. Bizarre...

Thank you for your support and advice.

Regards, thefixer

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again!

I just accessed your site and examined your options and structure.
    Everything is properly set-up and seems to work perfectly fine.
    The plugin works fine... However, Google doesn't necessarily use the meta info to display descriptions on search results!
    From https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35624?hl=en#1 :
    Google will sometimes use the meta description of a page in search results snippets, if we think it gives users a more accurate description than would be possible purely from the on-page content.
    So I guess the issue on your case is making the meta description a little more useful and descriptive, following the advise on that page.

The "widget" you say is displayed on search results is actually the very first text that shows up when you see your page's source, that's why it's there.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.