to create sign up form in menu page

Hi,
How can I create a user sign up form in my menu page for user to have new account profile using the site?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello CHAD,

if I understand correctly you want to have a registration/login form on front end and also allow users to edit their profiles from front end?
    If yes, then you need plugin like that https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/ - it handles those three with shortcodes, so you create WordPress pages, insert shortcodes and then in wp-admin -> Appearance -> Menus you add pages with shortcodes to your menu:

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• CHAD
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi I been trying to setup the "sign in" all day with Profile Builder that you sent me but I couldn't make it to work. I need more help.

I would like to setup a "sign in " on my theme twenty fifteen menu bar option. Once user click on this "sign in" it will pop up a form that have side by side option either already a member then sign in or if not yet a member then register. I would like the "sign in" to be similar to the attachment.

Also, how can I allow user to sign in or register using social media?

Can you please help?

thanks
    chad

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Chad,

Thanks for explaining. Please correct me if I still missed any point, but you want these, right?

# A "Sign-In" button in your menu.
    # A Popup with both "Login" and "Registration" option.
    # That popup should also have social login features.

I assume I didn't miss any point. In that case, you can create a login/registration popup easily with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ciusan-register-login/
    But this plugin doesn't support Social Login by default. So I searched again and found this plugin for social login: https://wordpress.org/plugins/oa-social-login/
    This second plugin adds social login buttons in "wp-login.php" page login form, but I'm not sure if it will add social icons in your login/register popup. Then again, you need to show both login and registration option which I could not find in any available plugin.

So, I have two different workaround for you to achieve your target.

First Way:
    Install and activate our PopUp Pro plugin and create a popup. Then set condition to that popup so only logged-out users see that popup. You can also enable JavaScript Events condition in the settings and then manually add a sign in button in your menu and use that selector to fire that popup. You will get full usage guide of PopUp Pro plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/#product-usage

You can add button in your menu with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-buttons/

After creating that popup, you can utilize the following shortcodes from the plugin Kasia mentioned above in that PopUp content section:

[wppb-edit-profile] - to grant users front-end access to their user profile (requires user to be logged in).
        [wppb-login] - to add a front-end login form.
        [wppb-logout] - to add logout functionality.
        [wppb-register] - register users via a front-end register form.
        [wppb-recover-password] - to add a password recovery form.

Second Way:
    From your screenshot, I assume that you have taken those screenshots from another site. So if you provide us the link of that site, we can inspect that popup element on that site to find out if they are using any ready-made plugin for all these features. If we can find that, we will tell you and you will simply install that plugin to get the same functionality on your site too. I think that will be easier for you.

Please let us know if you have any confusion and let us know what you think about these. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• CHAD

I like to learn how to use First Way above so I can use I can use another popup pro in my site.

I followed your instructions above but it doesn't work:
    1. I don't see the menu button colors
    2. The login pop up does not show up (I tested by copy one shortcode and then all short code into that popup content area)

Please see attachment.
    thanks
    chad

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi CHAD,

1. I don't see the menu button colors

To see the menu button colors, please go to "Dashboard > Appearance > Menu Buttons" section and from there, you can change text and background colors for your button. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

2. The login pop up does not show up

I checked in your site but the popup is showing fine. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I can see that shortcodes are being printed instead of being rendered and then found that the "Profile Builder" plugin was deactivated and that's why it was happening. So I activated that plugin. And then, went to PopUp Pro settings and changed the "Load PopUp using" option to "Page Footer".

Now all shortcodes are being rendered in the popup. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So I think, your issues are resolved. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• CHAD

Rupok, when I tried just to put in just his shortcode [wppb-login] instead all the shortcodes previously, I then see the login pop up. But on that pop up I don't see an option like "Are you a member" "Register" or "Forgot your password" therefore, so I went do something to the plugin to get those options but some how it don't show the login pop up. Can you help to get back the login pop up and with those option inside the pop up?

Seems like, this popup pro is complicated. i think the ZM Ajax Login & Register is more user friendly right? But the problem that I don't like this plugin is that after the pop up, I click on the screen background then the pop up close:slight_frown: Also, one more thing about this plugin, when I click on forgot password, it direct me to the wordpress screen:slight_frown:

Sorry, but thank you a lot for your help.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi CHAD,

It's totally okay to ask in details and thanks for these details. That helps us to understand your requirement better.

So you want that, when someone clicks on the login button, it will show a popup with login options and will show a "Register" or "Forgot Your Password" button beside that login popup, and when people click on that "Register" button, the popup content will change to a registration form like your screenshot? Well, I still think it's possible, but I've not tried this.

I've a plan for this. What about creating a popup with just login form shortcode, and with a button (manually coded with specific div ID) for registration. And then create another popup which will fire when that button ID selector is clicked (in the same way your login popup appears when you click your menu login button ID selector)? That will hide the login popup and show the registration form? Can you please try that and let us know how it goes?

Regarding the popup closing when clicking on the background, I think this is default behavior for most popups available in the market. But if you want to disable it, PopUp pro has option for this. Go to edit your popup and there you will see this option "Closing Pop-up conditions". Put a check-mark on that and save the popup. From now on, clicking on the background won't close it anymore. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

However, if you think all these are too complicated for you, you can either provide us the link of the sample site you are giving that screenshot from (as I suggested above, so we can tell you if there is any ready-made plugin for this or that site custom developed it), or you can always hire a developer from our Jobs Section for custom jobs like this. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us in any way. So communicate with them well before you make any payments to them.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.