to the dedicated staff of wpmudev! I migrated a site

Hello to the dedicated staff of wpmudev!

I migrated a site to hostgator, and most of it is ok, however I have some annoying errors which I can't figure out what caused it.

I thought that maybe some of the site files were corrupted during the migration, but I tried to replaced them and that seems not to be the issue.

here is an example of one of the problems:

when making a query, the query works but above the results appear the following errors (link: http://www.westgalil.org.il/?s=buza&lang=en):

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home3/danaynay/public_html/westgalil.org.il/wp-includes/query.php on line 2121

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home3/danaynay/public_html/westgalil.org.il/wp-content/plugins/wpml-cms-nav/inc/cms-navigation.class.php on line 220

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /home3/danaynay/public_html/westgalil.org.il/wp-includes/query.php on line 2121

Search for: buza

Any suggestions? Maybe I should try to download again all the files and replace them?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Fortunella,

Hope you're doing well today!

Looks like it might relate to your WPML CMS Nav plugin. Can you deactivate that one and see if the warnings still happen? If so, then try deactivating all of your plugins to make sure it's not a plugin conflict with any of them.

It is worth noting that usually php warnings like this are harmless, they are more meant to help with debugging issues.

You can hide warnings like this by making sure your wp debug settings in your wp-config.php file is set to:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

If they are still showing then you may need to add this as well:

ini_set('log_errors','On');
    ini_set('display_errors','Off');
    ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

It is still good for the developer of the plugin/theme to fix any warnings/notices like that when they come up; however, they can be the result of maintaining compatibility with older versions of WordPress or PHP.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.