To understand Pro Sites, Network Enabled or not, and how it

To understand Pro Sites, Network Enabled or not, and how it effects users.

To have Pro Sites control the use of a plugin or theme, that plugin or theme must be Network Enabled, correct?

If it is NOT Network Enabled, does Pro Sites have anything to do with it?

If it is not Network Enabled, how can an individual site admin have access to that plugin or theme? Can each one NOT Network Enabled but turned on individually for a single site?

Please explain how that all works.

Tom

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

It can only be network enabled, this is how the plugin works.

To have Pro Sites control the use of a plugin or theme, that plugin or theme must be Network Enabled, correct?

Yes and no.

Plugins don't have a Network Enable feature like themes. By default they are all available to members if you enable the plugins menu.

In:

Admin --> Network --> Pro Sites --> Modules/Gateways

You enable the modules for Premium Themes and Premium Plugins there.

Then from:

Admin --> Network --> Pro Sites --> Premium Plugins

You can select what level each plugin works on. Or select none to not allow it all.

Plugins that are Network Activated will not be controlled by Pro Sites. They will just be on and ready to use.

We do offer some integration for other plugins to extend them. For example you can use Pro Sites to restrict which payment gateways are available to paying website owners.

And themes:

Admin --> Network --> Pro Sites --> Premium Themes

Themes have to Network Enabled to show in here.

You can still manually activate plugins for sites, the same for themes (using the WordPress feature).

I hope this helps.

• Director98248

Yes, the Pro Site plugin needs to be network activated.

On a multisite network site, all plugins can be Networked Enabled or Networked Disabled. If a plugin is Network Enabled, say the Slide In, then that Slide In plugin is available to each site on the network.

If Pro Sites is used, then it will have control of each Network Enabled plugin.

Now my original question was about if slide in plugin is not network enabled, Pro Sites would not have ANY control of it. If the network admin choose to allow the slide in to be used by a site, he could select it the network admins sites listings.

Is all the above correct?

• Timothy Bowers

Themes don't get Network Activated. They are Network Enabled. And they need to be Network Enabled to be assigned to Pro Site Levels.

As I mentioned in my post, Plugins that are Network Activated can't be controlled by Pro Prosites. There are exceptions, like MarketPress. You can still restrict premium gateways as example.

Domain Mapping has to be network activated as another example, there is integration to restrict domain mapping to certain Pro Site Levels.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.