To whom it may concern, I have purchased a membership but

To whom it may concern,

I have purchased a membership but having difficulties with some things.

Upfront

1. Unless I am logged in my website is just white

2. If I am using upfront does that mean anything I edit in the usual wordpress page settings they don't show?

3. Is there a way to copy the pages from one subsite to another, with and without content.

Plugins

I have worked out that there are three places to install and activate plugins:
The network admin
The main site
Subsites

As mentioned I am trying to do the below but unsure how to do that and where I should be installing and activating them.

Forum

I haven't really got on with bbpress so I decided to give your plugin a go the outcome I am trying to achieve is:
· Main site - No forum

· Subsites all have the same forum

· Subsites also have their own forum

I installed it on the network admin and network activated it but it doesn't seem to be working

Events, directory, Job boards

The outcome I want for these plugins are
· Not on main site

· They are the same on all subsites. For instance if someone adds themselves to the directory all the subsites are updated.

Again I installed it on to the network admin and network activated them but it doesn't follow through on all the subsites when I change one. If I need to use the main site to make these plugins the same on all subsites that's ok as I don't have to make a page on the main site for them just include the data in the backend, however I did try this with listings but the listing wasn't included in the subsites.

Membership

· Main site doesn't need membership

· Subsites have all their own memberships and membership on one does not give membership on the others.

To achieve this I installed membership on the network admin but activated it on the subsites separately this has allowed me to create different subscriptions for dofferent subsites. However can I just check that this only allows them membership on the one subsite and not the others

Many thanks for your help with how to solve these

Kind regards

Peter Martin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Peter,

Hope you're having a nice weekend :slight_smile:

1. Unless I am logged in my website is just white

Which child theme are you using? Do you see any errors on the screen when you enable wp_debug in your wp-config.php file?

2. If I am using upfront does that mean anything I edit in the usual wordpress page settings they don't show?

You can still create pages from admin section and title and content will be shown on front end.

3. Is there a way to copy the pages from one subsite to another, with and without content.

If you are using Upfront on other sub site you can copy the content using our Snapshot plugin.

· Main site - No forum

· Subsites all have the same forum

· Subsites also have their own forum

I'm not familiar of this setup being possible, you can activate bbpress on each subsite to have different forums but can't have one more forum for all sub sites.

There is a solution you can try, check this solution to use same bbpress on all subsites https://gist.github.com/sc0ttkclark/e5de9d9f2f13964bcecc and then install our Forums plugin to run different forums on each sub site.

Events, directory, Job boards

The outcome I want for these plugins are
    · Not on main site

· They are the same on all subsites. For instance if someone adds themselves to the directory all the subsites are updated.

This might be bit more complicated to accomplish, we had a similar request before so you can read more about that in response from my colleague Ash in this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-would-like-to-display-content-from-across-the-network

I installed membership on the network admin but activated it on the subsites separately this has allowed me to create different subscriptions for dofferent subsites. However can I just check that this only allows them membership on the one subsite and not the others

This should work like this by default, are saying it works differently on your installation?
    May I also suggest checking out our Protected Content plugin to achieve this? Protected Content and Membership have similar functionality but Protected Content has a better UI.

I think that is all, let me know if I missed anything :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Peter

Hi Thank you for your reply.

Do you see any errors on the screen when you enable wp_debug in your wp-config.php file?

No It is just a white screen you can see this at http://www.networkassociation.co.uk I have given you access to my network. I am using the fixer theme.

You can still create pages from admin section and title and content will be shown on front end.

Whenever I type something in the wordpress page editing page instead of upfront it doesn't show up.

There is a solution you can try, check this solution to use same bbpress on all subsites https://gist.github.com/sc0ttkclark/e5de9d9f2f13964bcecc and then install our Forums plugin to run different forums on each sub site.

I have no idea what to do with this coding in order to have one forum on all my subsites

This might be bit more complicated to accomplish, we had a similar request before so you can read more about that in response from my colleague Ash in this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-would-like-to-display-content-from-across-the-network

Please could you explain this response further. It is vital to my site that the directory, events and job boards is the same ones for all the subsites. I became a member because I thought this would be possible with your plugins.

May I also suggest checking out our Protected Content plugin

Can I ask why this would be better and what are the differences between this and membership pro? In the descriptions membership says it gives me graphs and reports.

Kind regards

Peter

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Peter,

No It is just a white screen you can see this at http://www.networkassociation.co.uk I have given you access to my network. I am using the fixer theme.

In memebership you have disabled access to your site to logged out users, that's why you are seeing white screen, see screenshot attached.

Whenever I type something in the wordpress page editing page instead of upfront it doesn't show up.

Have you made any changes to theme files, adding pages doesn't work on your end in both back and front editor while it works on my end with Fixer installed.

I have no idea what to do with this coding in order to have one forum on all my subsites

You should be able to make it work by adding the code provided in functions.php file or you can create new .php file in your wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder and place the code there.

Please could you explain this response further. It is vital to my site that the directory, events and job boards is the same ones for all the subsites. I became a member because I thought this would be possible with your plugins.

As Ash mentioned in that thread this would take some custom coding to make it possible, we currently don't have the manpower to assist on such custom modifications, you might want to post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Can I ask why this would be better and what are the differences between this and membership pro? In the descriptions membership says it gives me graphs and reports.

Protected Content was first intended to be released as an update for Membership plugin but because it has differences in functionality once it was released we decided to keep them both.
    Unfortunately PC doesn't come with graphs included like Membership does but it does have simpler UI and it easier to learn to use.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Predraga

• Peter

Thank you for your reply.

In membership it only allows me to select none - no access to content....

Does the protected content plugin also work with the affiliate plugin like membership does?

Ah ok sorry this bit on your website "Unlimited, 24/7 Q&A and live expert developer support for ANY WordPress issue, we've got your back." had me confused that WPMU Dev did stuff like that. I will see if I can find some code to copy and paste into the plugins to make them work across all subsites

Kind regards

Peter

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Peter,

In membership it only allows me to select none - no access to content....

You probably don't have any access levels created yet so there is nothing to select. Once you have set up new access level you should be able to see them in selector.

Does the protected content plugin also work with the affiliate plugin like membership does?

Unfortunately this has not been yet added to Affiliates plugin but it's on our to do list.

We are doing our best to help our customers with any issues they are experiencing but we currently don't have the manpower to assists on custom work.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Peter

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

I am thinking instead of putting the same forum, directory and events plugin on all sites and trying to get them to sync on them all as it seems very complicated to do that as I am not sure how to write custom code. Instead put these plugins on the main site and when people become a member on a subsite they can have access to the stuff on the main site to, is there a way to do that with membership plugin? I would want users to sign up to one subsite and that allows them access/membership to the main site also, but they cant use only the main site to become a member they have to do it on one of the subsites. Maybe there is a way with syncing members from subsites to the main site with your plugin?

Kind regards

Peter

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Peter,

To make this possible you will need to add this to your wp-config.php file:
    define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);
    You can also read more about membership plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Membership-Docs-3027.pdf

As this is not the best/cleanest solution we are working on adding multisite protection in Protected Content plugin.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Peter

Hi

I network activated the plugin and then added the code to wp-config, however when I then tried to access the site it came up with a error 500 message and I have had to delete it...

The aim of the site is to let people become members of subsites and as well as access the content on that subsite also access a forum, directory and events that is available to all subsites members. I don't mind how this is done whether the universal content is on all subsites or the main site or another way, just happy to do it the simplest way...

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards

Peter

• Peter

Hi that is where I put it, but I will try again incase I did make a mistake.

I have been looking at two of your plugins that may provide a solution, I did ask Ash about them when he replied to my query about accordions though.

If I copied the content using multisite content copier from one subsite to another would it continue to sync the content to other sites. For instance if someone on a subsite added a listing to the directory would it update the directory on another subsite or would I have to use the plugin copy the content again manually?

If the above way doesn't work I could put the forum, directory and events on the main site and when they become a member on a subsite use the user synchronization plugin to automatically make them become members of the main site but not other subsites to access the forum, directory and events? They must become members of the subsite first though, they can not gain membership through the main site alone and it can only be one subsite not all, they have to pay again to become a member of a different subsite.

Kind regards

Peter

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Peter,

Sorry for the delay here.

Hi that is where I put it, but I will try again incase I did make a mistake.

Are you still having issues with this, or you managed to make it work?

If I copied the content using multisite content copier from one subsite to another would it continue to sync the content to other sites. For instance if someone on a subsite added a listing to the directory would it update the directory on another subsite or would I have to use the plugin copy the content again manually?

You can select the option to copy the post while creating it, see screenshot attached below.

If the above way doesn't work I could put the forum, directory and events on the main site and when they become a member on a subsite use the user synchronization plugin to automatically make them become members of the main site but not other subsites to access the forum, directory and events? They must become members of the subsite first though, they can not gain membership through the main site alone and it can only be one subsite not all, they have to pay again to become a member of a different subsite.

Just to make sure I got this right, you want user that registers on one sub site to have access to main site and that sub site, but if he wan't access to another sub site he uses the same username but needs to pay again?

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.