Today we discovered that in some cases we get a blank page

Hey,

Today we discovered that in some cases we get a blank page at the order process.
I mean that when the client ordering smth he enter his name, email, ect. Than he press a go on button (to get the site via WHMCS) but sometimes gets a blank page - there is only header and footer of the WP but no any WHMCS content which should be integrated by this (WP) plugin. The order is also not placed in WHMCS.

We checked activity and module logs in WHMCS - there is nothing about it. So WHMCS even did not get any information from the plugin if integration...

This happens not each time and it is difficult to get it (you mostly order a site in our system than get the blank page) but some clients get it and it is really bad - we are losing clients.

But we found another situation where the same problem appears (this situation you can catch almost each time. And as we are sure these two situations has the same base, if solve one - solve another one). It is when you put several orders in your cart (not free products) - 2 or more - and than press the empty cart link (to clean the whole cart). After pressing - you see the same blank page I described above.

Help pls.

P.S.- as we collect stats at our site I do not want everybody go there to test this. :slight_smile: I send the urls to test all of this to @Jose by e-mail.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Eugene,

This sounds like it could be a possible Memory_limit error or timeout issue.

Could you check your servers error_log files to see if there's any relevant errors listed?

Usually you can find an error_log file in your public_html or /wp-admin folder, but either way, you should be able to view them from your CPanel.

It's hard to determine a cause without any relevant error logs.

You could try increasing memory_limit to wordpress

Add the following to wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting on facing this issue.

This can also be due to plugin/theme conflict.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the flowchart on the following page to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Eugene
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ok. Here are the logs:

[30-Oct-2014 13:18:45] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php:3370) in /var/site.ru/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 591

[30-Oct-2014 13:18:52] PHP Notice: wp_localize_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3370
    [30-Oct-2014 13:18:52] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php:3370) in /var/site.ru/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 591
    [30-Oct-2014 13:18:55] PHP Notice: wp_localize_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3370
    [30-Oct-2014 13:18:56] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php:3370) in /var/site.ru/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 591
    [30-Oct-2014 13:19:01] PHP Notice: wp_localize_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3370
    [30-Oct-2014 13:19:01] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php:3370) in /var/site.ru/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 591
    [30-Oct-2014 13:19:04] PHP Notice: wp_localize_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3370
    [30-Oct-2014 13:19:05] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php:3370) in /var/site.ru/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 591
    [30-Oct-2014 13:19:09] PHP Notice: wp_localize_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3370
    [30-Oct-2014 13:19:10] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/site.ru/wp-includes/functions.php:3370) in /var/site.ru/wp-content/plugins/sitewide-privacy-options/sitewide-privacy-options.php on line 591

Seems that the problem is with the plugin "Multisite Privacy"...

• Eugene

I am not sure that if I disable the multisite privacy its settings will be saved and be taken again after activation. I have hundreds of sub-sites (of different clients) and it is vital to save the settings.
    So I would like you test at your test installation as there are clients at it. Ok?

• Eugene

This is TOO slow... today id 8.11.2014 already. Why so slow? You are cold because of the autumn? :slight_smile:

I disabled the multisite privacy plugin and nothing changed - the problem still exist. So, could you now start fixing the problem pls?

Regards, Eugene.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Eugene,

Sorry for the delay here.

But we found another situation where the same problem appears (this situation you can catch almost each time. And as we are sure these two situations has the same base, if solve one - solve another one). It is when you put several orders in your cart (not free products) - 2 or more - and than press the empty cart link (to clean the whole cart). After pressing - you see the same blank page I described above.

I tried to reproduce this another situation on your site http://rfportal.ru/ but i couldn't and it worked fine as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Have i missed anything or is it working fine now?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Eugene

I think thank you did not get the problem as you were signed in (as vinod). Sign out pls by pressing "?????" at the left (or use another browser). Try to do what I explained but with out ordering the product - I mean do not enter your email ect.

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hello Eugene,

Hope you are well today!

As I am looking on the past replies on this thread I still can't see what is causing the problem and how to solve it. It can be cause by incompatibility issue or some caching problem.

Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin in order for me to take a closer look. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward for your reply and I hope we can solve this one in no time.

Kind Regards,
    Calvin

• Eugene

Hi Calvin,

There is no need in access for this issue and I am not authorised to give it, sorry.

So, did smbd go all the way I described?? This is really easy - but read carefully pls and do NOT finish ordering - we do not need fake orders and this is not needed to get the error I described.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Eugene,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Can you upgrade to the latest version of the plugin please? I see your two versions behind.

If it still doesn't work, can you change WP_DEBUG to true and then add the following to your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

And

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Then get the error to show again and check your debug.log in your wp-content folder.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Eugene

Good evening,

Not two versions but one - one version was missed... I don't know why.

Anyway, we updated the plugin but nothing changed - the problem still exist. It is not possible to understand what was fixed ("Fix: Redirection issues in WP 4.0." - sounds for me like "smth was fixed but you never find what")...could you, PLS:
    1) what does "Fix: Redirection issues in WP 4.0." mean? What exactly was fixed?
    2) test yourself pls, I do not like test at the live project/system. Hope you understand.

Regards, Eugene.

• Eugene

How are you?

@Jose, may be you will be interested in that "Fix: Redirection issues in WP 4.0." seems to fix that problem with "Too many redirections" I mailed you earlier. That problem with too many redirections was connected with the using both the hook and the module - they were from letting a client take more than 2 sites. So, before this fix - there was a message "Too many redirections" but now it is gone! But - there is a "blank page" as at the screenshot from MON OCT 27 2014, 9:42:56 PM.

May be this information can help you help me to solve the problem.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Eugene,

Sign out pls by pressing "?????" at the left (or use another browser). Try to do what I explained but with out ordering the product - I mean do not enter your email ect.

Do you mean i should not log in?

You said with out ordering the product but in your previous reply you said "It is when you put several orders in your cart (not free products) - 2 or more - and than press the empty cart link"

Please advise as it's a bit confusing.

Could you please tell us more detailed instruction about how to reproduce the issue on your site by sharing the page links so that we can reproduce the issue to troubleshoot it?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Eugene,

Hope you're well today, as we aren't able to replicate this on any of our installs, can you please send me the following so we can take a closer look and get this resolved for you.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Eugene

I can add the code for you (if the debug information will be hidden or shown for some little time - just to save it for you).
    I understand you but this is a policy of our firm and the privacy due - not my own decision. So, let's cooperate - I am your hands :slight_smile:

Regards, Eugene.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi there @Eugene,

I'm trying to reproduce the issue on my install.
    As I mentioned several times before, not having access to the sites were the issue is occurring slows down the whole process.

Providing you the code would be and endless task because the debugging process implies that I would be adding the neccesary code at debuggin time on demand. I can't know what code I would need to beforehand.

BTW, the systems tells me that you are running version 1.2.1.7. The version 1.2.1.8 was released with some improvements.
    It won't fix your issue because it is related to HTTPS installs, but I suggest you to update since there are a couple of handy new hooks, and also it would be better if both are working over the same version.

I would need you to test if you experience the same issue changing WHMCS language to English. (there is a chance that character encoding is breaking the integration parser).

I'll be working on my install at the same time, but please let me know what is the result of this test.

Cheers,
    Jose

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Eugene,

Just letting you know we haven't forgotten about you, I have asked @Jose if he has managed to figure out anything on this, but it's difficult as nobody else can replicate this issue, it's made more difficult as we can't have access to debug, though I appreciate your reasons for not allowing access.

If it's privacy reasons for not allowing access, we would be more than happy to fill out & complete a None disclosure agreement of some kind?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.