Ton of WordPress database errors in log

Going through my logs and they are filled up with things like this:

2015/11/21 16:01:34 [error] 711#0: *430167 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: WordPress database error Table 'wordpress_43.wp_81_redirection_items' doesn't exist for query SELECT wp_81_redirection_items.*,wp_81_redirection_groups.position AS group_pos FROM wp_81_redirection_items INNER JOIN wp_81_redirection_groups ON wp_81_redirection_groups.id=wp_81_redirection_items.group_id AND wp_81_redirection_groups.status='enabled' AND wp_81_redirection_groups.module_id=1 WHERE (wp_81_redirection_items.regex=1 OR wp_81_redirection_items.url='/title-of-post/') made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, WordPress_Module->init, Red_Item::get_for_url, m_wpdb->query" while reading response header from upstream, client: 68.180.230.38, server: http://www.MYNETWORKDOMAINMODIFIED.com, request: "GET /title-of-post/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:disappointed:var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "MAPPEDDOMAINMODIFIED.com"

Perhaps sunrise has something going on? Do I need to upgrade something on my server perhaps? Ubuntu with Nginx

Thanks!

• Ben

@Rupok

I disabled the plugin and the errors have gone away. I think I understand the issue. I am using the wpmu blog template plugin which has been very useful. I previously was attempting to replicate a re-direction. Many of the new sign ups I had came from a different content management system and the redirection was important for the their google standings.

The redirection program is attempting to use a redirection from the blog template, unfortunately something is getting screwed up as the blog template plugin isn't able to properly replicate the redirection tables for the new sign ups. So when the redirection is attempted, its failing with a database table error.

Don't have time to dig into any more, but I guess blog template plugin should be reviewed with this redirection plugin for anybody having trouble in the future.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/

Or if you can suggest another plugin with similar functionality that works with blog templates that would be great.

The end goal was to redirect things like:

http://www.mappeddomain.com/home/index.php?location=audiovideo

to something like

http://www.mappeddomain.com/media/

Site wide for all sites on the network and the network domain.

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben!

Thank you for your feedback, this certainly pushed me in a right direction :slight_smile:

Following your suggestions, I've tested New Blog Templates along Redirection plugin - adding some simple debugging code to the first one and checking my site's database. I've noticed that the "Redirection" plugin doesn't create any tables on sub-sites if there's no redirection set. It does however leave them there if redirection has been added and removed later. Furthermore, it's also adding general tables.

So, if you create any redirection on a site that's about to be used (or already used) as New Blog Template, those missing tables (indicated in error message) will appear on New Blog Templates create (or edit) screen in Advanced Options section. I tested it and can see it on my setup but only if there is or there previously was any redirection set up for the "source" site.

That said, I think the workaround for this error would be to go to the dashboard of "source" site (site that has been used as a New Blog Template) and then add (and remove if it's not necessary) any redirection there and update (edit) that New Blog Template to include tables. That's however a bit of guess, may be worth giving a try though.

Having said that, I'm forwarding this to the plugin developer and hopefully he'll be able to find a solid workaround for this. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this though as he's dealing with a lot of complex issues on daily basis and I'm not familiar with his current task schedule.

Please keep an eye on this thread and make sure that your New Blog Templates plugin is kept up to date.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your patience.

I got an answer from the developer. He had looked into it and confirmed that in cases similar to this this is happening sometimes. He's going to include some additional error handling procedures into the next New Blog Templates release and hopefully this will solve the problem.

That said, I'm not able to give you any ETA on that upcoming release because it needs to be tested extensively but hopefully it won't be much longer. Please keep the plugin updated and once you got your hands on new release please let me know if it solved the issue!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.