Too much padding on custom code object

I'm not sure what happened with this last update to upfront/spirit, but everything changes (which is why i'm thankful for the suggestion to do a snapshot).

I'm trying to get my header setup correctly but its not working

See http://littlefyr.yourdevsite.ca/mparnold/constituent-services/

You'll see from the screenshot that the block in question has 35 px of top padding and I don't want there to be any. I can't reliably change the CSS "normally" because I'm not going to count on those generated IDs being stable (or consistent across pages).

Thanks!

• Adam

I think that maybe I'm the victim of an incomplete, or over ambitious Cache. I see that you've changed how the editor works. If I'm not mistaken, there is a totally new paradigm for doing layout.

Unfortunately, I think its going to cause me other problems. I'm working from the Spirit theme and using a parallax background image. Because my images are generally CC licensed, I want to add attribution text. previously it had the text pinned (or so it seemed) to the bottom of the parallax area. Now that seems impossible?

• Adam

I'm slowing figuring out how to fix things the way I want. I think, overall, this is the right direction, I just have to force my brain to think in the right order.

I think this is an actual question now :slight_smile:

My navigation are has more space in it than I want. The associated style is:

.upfront #unewnavigation {
        width: 100%;
        margin-left: 0%;
        margin-right: 0%;
        margin-top: 10px;
        margin-bottom: 0px;
        min-height: 65px;
    }

I want to get rid of that margin top. Can I rely on #unewnavigation not changing or is there some UI thing I'm missing?

• Rupok

Hi Adam

Hope you had a wonderful day.

You'll see from the screenshot that the block in question has 35 px of top padding and I don't want there to be any

I don't see any screenshots attached with your post. Can you send us the screenshot so that we can give you the CSS fix?

previously it had the text pinned (or so it seemed) to the bottom of the parallax area. Now that seems impossible?

Then you said "I'm slowing figuring out how to fix things the way I want. I think, overall, this is the right direction, I just have to force my brain to think in the right order". Shall I consider that you figured it out already? If not, please let us know. We will be glad to help.

I want to get rid of that margin top. Can I rely on #unewnavigation not changing

Yes, you can rely on the ID "unewnavigation" for now. Please keep in mind, in future versions, for better features, we may change the name of the ID but I believe, we *won't* change it in a way that you will require to do huge custom coding again.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.