Chat: Too Slow!

I just installed the chat plugin and it is way to slow and was producing a lot of extra beeps. Please let me know if there is a fix..

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @midsummermagic1111

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member.

I have to agree with Mustafa. It does seem like an issue with your server CPU. Check with your host to see what your system resource is. I have tested the plugin myself and have not experienced any delay problems. However, I do have very good hosting with excellent features.

Let me know what you find out from your host. I look forward to your feedback.

Have a good day!

GinaB

Salam @Mustafa. Thank you for your input. Greatly appreciated.

• midsummermagic1111
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for your response. I reinstalled my cometchat.. need 2-way chat anyways.. just really love the look and feel of yours better. Please put me on the voting list for 2-way chat. Would be really cool!

Also, I have a lot of plugins on my buddypress/wordpress site (shocker! lol). I use Hostgator Reseller Aluminum plan. They said if I switched to a higher plan.. more bandwidth.. my site would load faster. Is there truth to this?

Thx :slight_smile:

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @midsummermagic1111

Hope you're well.

Yes your site would load faster if you switched to a higher plan with more bandwidth.
    You can read more here

I will resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day!

GinaB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.