Top menu wrapping

We have a site with a custom large image logo where the top menu bar is either wrapping around it down the RHS or if the logo is 980px it forces the menu off the screen entirely. The theme itself has not been edited but recently updated to v 2.2.4 but a site with 2.2.2 is not seeing this issue.

The site is not accessible live yet so I cant offer a URL but wondered if this is something seen elsewhere?

Any ideas?

• donty
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I had to revert to 2.2.2 on the dev site but here is an example from my test environment.

Menus seem to be mangled even without the large custom logo, they seem to wrap to the edges and not expand even when with a test site title.

Thanks for getting back to me!

D

• donty

It almost looks to us that the menu and logo are occupying the same div, but we haven't had time to dig in to this ourselves yet. Too busy with all the rest of the stuff needing to be done!

Once we switched back to 2.2.2 it works fine, although, as has been usual for us with studio, the menu bar is not centred or left justified, it is right justified for some reason.

Any fixes gratefully accepted :wink:

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey @donty

I helped someone fix this the other day.... They had slightly different problem but it was still CSS stuff with the navmenu.

I would supply the code but as you said it's not live....

Honestly the CSS fix and maybe even fix to header.php if required, it would take less than 5 minutes, it's nothing too difficult.

Play around with CSS properties; width, clear, position,display if these are all separate div's.

Cheers

• donty

Hi Billzy,

Thanks for replying, we may have to do that in this particular instance but it breaks our house rules.

If a theme does not work properly or within its own parameters by design then we don't get into a process of applying adhoc or child theme fixes to a range of sites using different options. So unless the theme gets fixed at the core we have to drop it and move to one that fundamentally works.

Not at that point yet with Studio but we have seen Pitch on siteorigin that does some similar stuff at core with a bit more flexibility.

We're coming up to a year and renewal with wpmu and it be nice to have as many reasons to renew as possible :wink:

D

• donty

@EnzoMDD

Hi, that seems to solve the odd wrapping issue for us on the sites affected. Thanks!

Just that extra bit of a question as to why the menus seem to tend to right align rather than centre or left align?

Overall the theme has been really useful, so we are glad this wrapping issue is resolved.

Donty

• EnzoMDD
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey @donty,

Just that extra bit of a question as to why the menus seem to tend to right align rather than centre or left align?

I am not sure, it was part of the original design for the theme.

Unfortunately I cannot change the default look/layout of the theme too much as many users depend on the original design.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.