Top Nav bar for Events plugin not changing from passive to active

The top nav bar does not change from active to passive with the default buddypress theme - http://lol-lutz-wc.ourtownplus.com/events/.

But it does change from passive to active when in the members section of the site - http://lol-lutz-wc.ourtownplus.com/members/allan/my-events/.

Please give me the code to correct the top nav.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings allanmcnabb,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

This is definitely an odd one and not being a coder I will refer this over to the lead developer to take a look at.

However, before doing that would be please update to the newest version 1.4.1

It has several fixes in it and the lead developer will be happy that we are working with a current version.

Please advise and then I shall page him in here.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings allanmcnabb,

Thank you for letting me know, it is certainly appreciated.

I will now see if I can get the lead developer @Vladislav in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us as to why this is happening.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings allanmcnabb,

Thank you for your additional input and sorry for the delay of the lead developers assistance here though I have no definitive reason as to why.

I can confirm that I have indeed flagged the lead developer as the record shows when I claimed that I did.

Hopefully he will make it in here sooner then later.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Allan,

Thank you so much for the screen shot which has finally clarified and made clear what you were indeed referring to.

How did you get the Events tab on there to begin with? Did you make it a custom menu item or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• allanmcnabb
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

I activated the plugin, used the default setting "events" for the slug, and created a page with permalink /events.

I just now did an experiment to try and find the problem regarding the top nav, and here are the results.

- I disabled the Events+ plugin.

- I deleted the page /events, and created page /event. The page worked fine, and the top nav worked properly.

- I enabled the plugin and changed the slug to /event.

- The page displays the events, but the top nav does not work, just like before. The problem is apparently with the plugin.

I hope this helps!

Thanks again!
    Allan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Allan,

Thank you for the additional input and the hypothesis of where you believe the issue resides.

I have a bit of a different opinion regarding this bottom line causing this issue, meaning I do not believe there is a bug in the plugin but I do believe there is a conflict there between the two items.

One you are making a slug that is the same as the page slug as evidenced by your testimony above.

This is not good at all and what I believe is the root of the issue.

Please try something a little different and lets see if it works to your satisfaction.

Create your page as you have been doing and with events do NOT make the slug the same.

In your page use one or more of the Events+ short codes I have included in my screen shot below within the page and let me know how it goes.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• allanmcnabb
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the help!

Please help me understand. I am trying to follow the directions given with the plugin, and to reconcile them with your above advise.

Below is a screenshot of the Events settings.

The setting by default show the slug as "/events" and the instructions say it can be changed.

The instructions also say, "This is the URL where your events archive will be found." Therefore, I assum that all one need to do is to create a page with the URL "mywebsite/events".

When I create the page as per the plugin instructions, the archive events appear on the page as indicated in the instructions.

Problem: the plugin works as per the instructions in the plugin except the top nav tab does not work correctly, as we've been discussing.

Am I not following the directions in the plugin? If not, what do I need to do differently?

Thanks again for your help!
    Allan

FYI: I have completed another BuddyPress install, and I have the same problem.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Allan,

Thank you for your input which is indeed greatly appreciated.

I have done a complete review of this ticket and find we are different platforms to include that you are using 1.4.2-BETA-3 which the instructions may not apply to at all.

At one point:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/top-nav-bar-for-events-plugin-not-changing-from-passive-to-active#post-275770

I had asked you to please update to version 1.4.1 so I could recreate what you are trying to do.

Needless to say this did not happen as such and yes I could upgrade to the beta version but then it would thwart my efforts to helping the vast majority of members using the non beta version.

However, I anticipate that my above recommendations would work.

Check this out for example, creating a page named Allans Events, leaving the default slug as /events and using the embed code [eab_calendar] I produced the below and click on Allans Events and it works flawlessly.

http://aecnubp.us/

What I am trying to show you is how to make the page whatever you want, however you want, and add the events content using the shortcodes which should work the same as the beta you are using.

It is true that there may indeed be a bug somewhere causing a conflict, between theme and plugin, but I am trying to show you how to overcome this no matter what the issue may be and get the results you want to see :smiley:

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.