Top Resources that are Most Respected Top General Coding/Skills and WordPress Coding/Skills Talent.

Hey folks,

I just wanted to here your opinion and links on the below.

Finding top resources, sites, companies, online universities, etc that are most respected for producing top talent in (we are talking official degrees and/or certifications that companies/online universities etc issues that are highly in demand by the actual coding marketplaces vs. general sites that have great info like WPMUDEV, WP itself, etc):

(1) General Coding (top resources, sites, companies)

Along with the top languages and skills you feel are most valued that are most in demand now with a long future ahead for general coding?

(2) WordPress Coding and Skills (top resources, sites, companies)

Along with the top languages and skills you feel are most valued that are most in demand now with a long future ahead for WordPress coding and WP related skills?

Lastly, top in-demand specific tech/coding degrees or certifications related to coding now and have a great outlook for the long term future ?

:slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Hopefully some other members can chime in on this as well; however, I'll add some quick thoughts in the meantime :slight_smile:

I'm not sure how much official education many of our devs have. Many of them are learned the bulk of the trade themselves I believe.

When we hire devs we don't really worry too much about their official qualifications. We are more interested in experience and proof that they can do good work. So we put them through a trial process and have their code reviewed by our lead developer.

I know Full Sail is fairly popular: http://www.fullsail.edu/ - it offers online education, although I've never done any of it myself. I think many universities will offer online courses too, so worth searching up some and checking their sites. I can't really speak on which ones are in high demand as that is just not really a major factor for us.

A good place for just anyone to start is something like Team Treehouse or CodeAcademy

As for languages, English is of course going to be a big one. Spanish would likely be helpful too as it's widely used.

A skill that is very valuable to us is problem solving and being a self motivator. We look for people who make things happen. Instead of always asking how to do something, they dig right in and figure it out - learning all the ins and outs in the process. That is very valuable as you then get a lot more benefit out of the process.

Anyways, just my thoughts on the matter. Hopefully some others will share their opinions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.