Tracking Not Installed (Failed attempt to set up plugin)

Hello,

After reading two the tickets with this same issue I still was unable to see why the code is not working. I can see it in source but google says the code is not there. I did get warnings when i tried to login from your plugin saying that the method you use to link will be stopped later next month however it says it went fine. I tried copping my google tracking id UA-3XXXXXX6-2 several times but it simply will not be seen by google.

Please log in and help me see why this is not working.

Thank you,

Ash

Hello @Free For Charity

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Also, keep support access activated.

Cheers
    Ash

Free For Charity

I think that for all future tickets I should just have a checklist of things to say so someone will try to do a fix rather than assume that no troubleshooting happened before they saw it. Thank you for sending me to the exact same flow chart that can be used for any possible issue of any type anytime. Now that we have established that we can waste time with form answers to every question to raise your perceived response time lets try to actual look at the issue. It is still not working.

Also for future use as you have access granted if you wanted to run another plugin conflict test you could have done so at anytime and not waited 2 hours for me to nice your copy paste response. All my plugins are from WPMUdev so even if you found a conflict it would still be on you guys to correct.

I am sure this is some sort of little issue but it is not as simple as tuning off all my plugins.

Thank you,

Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

Just following up on your feedback here, first of all, apologies for any inconvenience you may have felt. I'd like to take a few moments to clarify how we work, hopefully this should clear matters up.

Not every member debugs an issue first, in fact most members actually don't. Unless you advise otherwise we would assume it's the case that this hasn't been done yet. Even if we've dealt with your tickets before, we deal with thousands of tickets each month so we don't always remember every detail about each members site.

Clearing cache, disabling plugins and using a default theme is usually the quickest way to determining if there is a conflict issue, and if so, where to start looking. Even if you only use our plugins, we don't know in what combination, settings, environment/hosting, there are so many variables to consider, narrowing down to where the issue might helps us resolve issues quickly.

Even with staff access we wouldn't start disabling plugins, for quick testing. We'd usually request FTP access so we could rename the plugin folder, create a new one, and then move batches of the plugins back whilst testing. This is a faster method, requires no deactivation, and it gives us more control if issues arise that we need to deal with, for example if we need to use some debug code.

Finally, bumping tickets can actually delay our response time. We answer tickets in order by the oldest first based on the last response from a member. There are multiple support teams that each has their own feed to work through.

I hope this clarifies everything for you, and I'm really pleased Michelle was able to assist through our live chat service. It does indeed sometimes take a while for the data to start recording, cache can sometimes be an issue there too.

Have a great day.