Tracking Paid Signups for Affiliates Plugin

Hi,
I have the Affilaites Plugin installed on a Multisite Wordpress setup. I tested and it it works in that if User A refers User B, in User A's Affiliates Panel it says 1 sign-up.

However, I have a few custom paid plans for Users. I don't plan on using Memberships or Pro Sites and say I have 3 Paid plans + Free Plan, Paid 1 ($1/month), Paid 2 ($2/month)and Paid 3 ($3/month). I want to pay affiliates referrals the entire month fee, so if a certain user refers me a user who signs up for Paid 2, I will pay the user $2/month

I don't think the Affiliates plugin gives me this insight in the MU Network Admin Dashboard about which user referred which user (username specifically). If I get the username that was referred to I can then track the custom paid plan they signed-up for, because I don't want to pay any affiliate fees if the referral signedup for the free plan.

Is this data available in the tables or the UI and if not how can I tweak the code to actually give me this data so I pay User A the exact amount if UserB signed up for a specific paid plan. What is the easiest way to customize this plugin to enable this kind of tracking.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Abi,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently such a reporting feature isn't built-in into the Affiliates plugin but it would take some relatively simple custom development to create a basic plugin that would provide you with it.

The affiliate data are stored in "_affiliatedata" and "_affiliaterecords" tables but as both affiliates and referred users are regular WP users, the "_users" and "_usermeta" tables in DB also contain some information.

Therefore you could query "_usermeta" table against "meta_key = affiliate_referred_by" where "user_id = X" (X would be WP user ID of referred affiliate). This would return "meta_value" with an ID of a user that referred this one. You'd then know who referred selected affiliate.

Another query could be querying "_usermeta" table against "meta_key = affiliate_referred_by" where "meta_value = X" (X would be WP user ID of referring affiliate) and this would return "user_id" that would be an ID of a users referred by that selected affiliate.

This way you could find both who was referred by whom, and who referred whom. You would then know that "User A was referred by User B" and/or that "User B referred User A". As a result you, knowing that "User A" signed up for a "$100 Plan" you'd also know what amount "User B" should be credited with.

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions on this, let me know please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.