Tracking User Registration with Affiliates Plugin

NB: Affiliate Plugin not listed in the drop down menu, so I had to select another to submit this question.

I need the Affiliate Plugin to track Wordpress user registrations (not using any other plugin for users/members). While it tracked the click, it did not track the registration.

I intend to pay a fixed amount when this user/member makes a property listing on the site. I am using StudioPress Genesis with AgentPress theme.

Please guide whether this is possible with the Affiliate plugin. Thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @ssguptainc and welcome to the WPMU-DEV Community!

While it tracked the click, it did not track the registration.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean there...
    The Affiliates plugin normally tracks both visits AND registrations.
    When a user uses an affiliate link to subscribe he is recorded as an affiliate referral.

Please note though that if users have chosen NOT to use cookies in their browsers it's next to impossible to track referred registrations. Could this be the case?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• ssguptainc
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This is is exactly what I need: "The Affiliates plugin normally tracks both visits AND registrations."

This was the browser settings in the test:

IE10 Privacy Settings Medium:

- Blocks third-party cookies that do not have a compact privacy policy
    - Blocks third-party cookies that save information that can be used to contact you without your explicit consent
    - Restricts-first party cookies that save information that can be used to contact you without your implicit consent

• aristath
    • Recruit

@ssguptainc no, this is not forgotten.
    But as I mentioned in my previous post developers have really busy schedules. They must respond to dozens of emails, forum posts and help us figure out the best solution. It is only natural that they can't always respond to posts as soon as we would like them to.

I have just re-notified the plugin developer.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Just jumping in here. It does track the clicks out of the box.

Registration tracking is part of the specific integration module you enable. If you want to actually assign a value to a transaction (creating a listing), then that is part of the integration module as well.

Look at the membership addon for a good example. To track the user it's a simple bit of code:

add_action( 'user_register', 'affiliate_new_user' );
    function affiliate_new_user( $user_id ) {

// Call the affiliate action
    	do_action( 'affiliate_signup' );

if(defined( 'AFFILIATEID' )) {
    		// We found an affiliate that referred this blog creator
    		if(function_exists('update_user_meta')) {
    			update_user_meta($user_id, 'affiliate_referred_by', AFFILIATEID);
    		} else {
    			update_usermeta($user_id, 'affiliate_referred_by', AFFILIATEID);
    		}

}
    }

Look at the affiliate_new_subscription() function in there for an exmple of tracking the payment part.

Here's a tuturial series: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.