Trail plan create automatically in stripe

When we create subscription plans with a trial for the membership 2 plugin, they are synchronized with stripe right?

I want to make sure the trial period only be created within website... not at stripe side because the current scenario in our website is like :
When customer register for the first time they will get 1 month trial period... and after the month when they will configure the payment, they again get the trial period offered through the stripe

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Jing

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The trial period shouldn't be "doubled" by Stripe in any case, regardless whether it's created on plugin side only or on both plugin and gateway side. My colleague who spoke with you on chat is currently testing it and we also have already forwarded it to our developers for further testing and checking so they'll look into it.

Please stay tuned and we'll update you here as soon as we got more insights into it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Panos

Hi there Jing ,

Not sure I follow here. By default it doesn't create a Trial period in Stripe Subscription. Actually it doesn't even create a subscription on stripe. It adds a trial period to Membership Subscription (not Stripe Subscription) and once trial is expired, it asks for payment so the Stripe Subscription is created after payment.

Only if the following define is used:
    define( "MS_PAYPAL_TRIAL_SUBSCRIPTION", true );
    it would create a subscription with trial immediately on Stripe.

Could provide more info about

after the month when they will configure the payment

Do you mean that subscriptions are not recurring and that renewals are made manually? It should be similar to the recurring ones. It shouldn't add a Trial on Stripe without the above define. Could you let us know if you are using that define in your wp-config.php?

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.