Transfer customers domain to my wordpress site

I have a multisite setup. I have a customer that owns a domain. I created a subdomain to build them a site and use my SSL to protect for ecommerce. I was then going to have the customer point their domain to my ip and mask it with their domain name. Problem was the SSL didn't like this and my server folks say their server doesn't support masking. I tried to do this with the domain wpdev app too but it doesn't work right either.

If I transfer the domain to my control can I use the wpdev app or will they have to get a SSL for their domain or will I have to set them up their own Cpanel and domain space?

• Rupok

Hi Joshua, hope you had a wonderful day.

Generally SSL Certificates work on single domain. If it's a wildcard certificate, then domain with all subdomains will work with that single SSL Certificate. You can easily mask your subdomains with customer domains by using our Domain Mapping plugin. I guess you said you've used it but it's not working, right? Well, can you please tell us what's specifically not working?

can I use the wpdev app or will they have to get a SSL for their domain or will I have to set them up their own Cpanel and domain space?

You don't have to transfer their domain to your account. Just ask them to have an "A" record in their domain control panel pointing to your server IP address. Then you add those domains in your cPanel as parked domain and select your multisite root directory as their path, masking will work automatically. You will get full details here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.