Transfer from wordpress.org to MU.

I am transferring a website from a wordpress.org onto my Multi Site setup. I did the export from the .org and then on import, it had issues.

I chose the file and then clicked upload and import

I chose the names for author, etc,

I would click to download and import file attachments

Then I click import

After a few minutes, it would give me a 404 error. I may try on a non MU setup next to see if that is an issue. Thoughts?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hi @sean Scott, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community, hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

What if you were to try forgoing the image import for the time being, do you get a 404 error then?

Also, could you please send in the following, so that we can investigate this further:

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress network admin access details

– Include FTP log-in details

– Include a copy of the WXR file you’re trying to import here

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question“, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Contact Us

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @sean Scott, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

In regards to what you had said in your email:

Yes, the import without the images worked. I am guessing it is just too much on the image section. The site I am moving is 400+ posts and tons of images. Most of the images did import. I am guessing I just keep doing the import with images over and over again until it finally all goes? Or is there another way?

You can try re-importing the file with the images again, or you may wish to give this plugin a shot, it seems promising for something like this:

Attachment Importer

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.