Transfer of Recurring Pro Sites Payments

Hello, and thank you in advance for any feedback.

We will soon be transferring the collection of payments for our "Supporter" sites (via Pro Sites) to a non profit organization taking over management of our network infrastructure.

What will happen to existing recurring payments using the current PayPal Express gateway and account credentials if we change that information to the new account? I fear they will not (or can not) just be transferred, since I see no such option to do so in the PayPal recurring payments dashboard.

Is there any way to transfer these recurring payment subscriptions to the new account?

If not, will the current subscriptions remain active and just fail when the next renewal fails? I presume the renewal would fail, with new API credentials registered in the plugin settings, RIGHT? (If these subs do fail, will they still receive the auto-reply emails from Pro Sites? Editing the Payment Failed message might be a way to notify legacy subscribers with a link to the new Supporter page.)

We have 80+ active Pro Sites subscriptions. I would hate to start over and lose all this recurring revenue for the nonprofit when they take over! Any suggestions for a seamless transition are greatly appreciated.

PS: I know it's been mentioned in the past, but is there any further discussion about integrating the PayPal Payflow Pro gateway into Pro Sites?

Thanks again for the great products and helpful support!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @jcnjr,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

They would technically fail as far as the site is concerned because of the different API details, but they do have a recurring subscription setup with the old credentials and that payment would be taken, but wouldn't be registered on the site.

I would recommend gathering the email address's of the Pro sites users and sending them an email, as they need to cancel their old subscription and re-subscribe when you swap over the details.

Currently there is no way to switch subscribers from one account to another, as the recurring profile is setup with one PayPal account.

So from the plugin point of view they fail and the cancelled email should be sent if they have failed the payment and the site is cancelled due to that.

But from their point of view, the payment will go out with the old recurring payment profile.

They must cancel that subscription profile and re-subscribe I'm afraid.

PS: I know it's been mentioned in the past, but is there any further discussion about integrating the PayPal Payflow Pro gateway into Pro Sites?

No extra info on that currently, but it would make a great addition :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.