Transfer Subscriptions from Wordpress.com Premium Blog to Self Hosted Blog on Same Domain

Hey guys,

I've been working diligently to get this new design up and going. It's live now, we actually already transferred from Wordpress.com to a self hosted server. We thought everything was in place, but there was a huge mistake...

All 12,000 subscribers are missing from the new self hosted site. We actually had to pay WPBeginner to transfer, because if we tried to do a manual export it always was corrupt. It looks like they failed to succeed too.

Any chance you guys can be the rock stars and help solve this dilemma?

Thanks so much!!!

• Rupok

Hi Ruthie

Hope you had a wonderful day.

All 12,000 subscribers are missing from the new self hosted site

Did you try this official instructions while transferring: https://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-to-a-self-hosted-wordpress-site/ ?
    There they are suggesting to transfer your subscribers through JetPack plugin. Can you try that?

Any chance you guys can be the rock stars and help solve this dilemma?

Though I can't 100% guarantee you that we will be able to move all your 12000 subscribers to your new site, we can definitely try. Can you please send me message with WordPress.com access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - Username/Email
    - Password
    - Your Blog URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Abraham LaBonte

Thanks Rupok!

Ruthie is a client of mine, and as speculated the transfer tool does no justice for larger WP accounts. Originally my client hired a 3rd party to transfer the site, which was a failure... Eventually they succeeded in transferring the bulk of posts, and all 4gb of media content, but missed many other things. I've been piecing things back together one by one.

I had to contact Wordpress.com directly. I waited until it showed a live person available to chat (which I've never been lucky enough to see available in the past) They just had me disconnect my Jetpack then reconnect, and boom it was done. I did have to explain myself thoroughly before they understood what we needed, but hurrary, I think we have everything now!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.