transfering a site to a multisite

Hello!

I am trying to transfer a site to a subsite in a multisite. Since Snapshot is not working for me, I am trying alternative options.

This is my question, I used worpdress import/export tool to export and import the content, however it was unable to transfer all pictures.

Therefore I zipped the "upload" folder, however, when goint to my cpanel I don't know how and where to upload it, as the main upload folder contains all pictures in main site, not subsites.

Where do I find the upload folder of the subsites? how can I upload pictures to a specific sibsite?

Thanks!!!

• Rupok

Hi Fortunella74, hope you had a wonderful day.

as the main upload folder contains all pictures in main site, not subsites... ... ...Where do I find the upload folder of the subsites? how can I upload pictures to a specific sibsite?

The main upload folder contains all pictures including the main site and subsites. In WordPress native architecture, there is only one "uploads" folder and inside this, all media items are stored. But inside your "uploads" folder, there you will find other folders named "site1", "site2" etc. depending on blog id. If a picture (hello.png) is uploaded from a subsite which has ID 4, then the file URL will be "http://yoursite.com/subsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/year/month/hello.png" in a subdomain multisite.

But instead of doing this way, IMO, you can use the export tool to also include all attachments. I suggest you make a new export file and this time, check "media" and export. Then import it in your new site. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Or better will be deleting everything from your new site, then export "All content" from previous site and import in the new one.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.